Best gun: fun/$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my tactical 10/22 for fun also.

I have to admit for a cheap big bang my Mosin Nagant 91/30 I got for 99 bucks is fun to shoot and ammo is rather cheap if you get the bulk russian surplus rounds.
    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
    1990 GT Convertible

Comment

As far as "fun", its a bit subjective.

If you want to improve as a shooter, then something that is accurate and inexpensive to shoot is tough to beat.

This was a $300 rig shooting federal auto match bulk.

Comment

Try this:

here is a closeup of the increase in bone shattering diameter that is achieved:

30 cal to 45 cal, mass from 110gr to 250gr. If velocity is still 1900fps, well, are the hollowpoints overkill?
        Last edited by Bassics; 10-08-2011, 03:26 AM.

Comment

My head is going to explode with all these huge ass pictures. There are online image resizers, or you can use mspaint to size them down.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

LOL didn't realize what it did.

Comment

Ok, I have been thinking alot about this and have finally come to a conclusion that I am sure most of you will laugh at.

My most fun gun that I enjoy shooting the most in my mini 14. It is a "tactical" model with a black synthetic stock, factory 20 round magazine, and a flash hider like this one-

The reasons I like it so much is because I love the iron sights on it. They are probably the best irons I have ever used, and for some reason I am just damn accurate with this gun. I don't shoot much past 100 yards, but this gun does everything I need it to do and feels natural to me, and the recoil is very low.

See, I like pistol grips and tactical whatnots, but the mini 14 just feels more like a traditional rifle that I grew up shooting. I just enjoy the hell out of it. Oh, and did I mention I got it for free . A friend of my dad won it in a raffle and I was admiring it in his office one time. He said that he hated minis and that he was going to let me borrow it (besides, the guy already has one). I shot it and loved it, and offered to pay him $500 for it, but he said to just keep it! I owe him one for sure.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I need to research the mini-14 sights. I'm used to the M-16 sights and that's partially why I love the ARs. Nothing wrong with loving a rifle due to sights and you being accurate with them.

Yeah, I'm hating a little though since you got it for free.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

walther p22
                  bersa 380
                  sig mosquito 22
                  first class white trash

Comment

For the money the funnest gun I have to shoot is my S&W 22A, 7" barrel with a Burris Fastfire II on it. It eats any kind of cheap .22LR ammo I have used in it and is very accurate for a $200 gun. I also get Aguila match pistol ammo from CTD for $30/500 and then it shoots really good groups.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                    X