Best gun: fun/$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best gun: fun/$?

So I see lots of people post their gun collections on here and got me wondering what they think the best value is. Not from a utility or accuracy standpoint, but one (or more) thats just damn fun to shoot. Post up your picks and why!

For me I have it narrowed down to 2

First: Ruger 10/22. It was cheap to get into, got a few second-hand parts for it (barrel, stock, scope) and waiting on a trigger. Its gonna be a cheap build but even in stock form its a ton of fun. Go to the range all day, shoot 500 rounds through it and spend less than a box of .308

Second: Marlin 30-30 RC Texan. The ammo is plentiful, classic feel and cheaper than the Winchester levers I've seen. I love taking it to the range, completely unmodified (no scope, recoil pad, etc) and its still as fun as the day I got it.

Cx4storm. Damn near idiot proof. Great gun to learn on or hand to a novice and watch them learn without fearing the recoil.

Comment

Ar-22
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

P22 with a can.

Everything else was just expensive.

Comment

CJ asked me the other day which of my guns I enjoy the most, and I could not give a straight answer. Different guns are fun in different ways.

However, if I was told I could only have one gun for the rest of my life, it would be a pump action 12 gauge with a long barrel for hunting birds and shooting skeet, a slug barrel for killing deer, and a short barrel for defense.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            CJ asked me the other day which of my guns I enjoy the most, and I could not give a straight answer. Different guns are fun in different ways.

However, if I was told I could only have one gun for the rest of my life, it would be a pump action 12 gauge with a long barrel for hunting birds and shooting skeet, a slug barrel for killing deer, and a short barrel for defense.
            Haha oh man you're going about it the wrong way. I was just talking about fun to pick up and pull the trigger. Nothing about utility or accuracy. Just the grin it puts on your face when it goes bang

Comment

Most fun? My 9mm XDM and I have a pretty good relationship, but I'd probably give the nod to one of my .22 rifles.

Comment

10/22 or .22 AR, or .445 SuperMag. I love my 10mms but chasing brass is not fun.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My buddy picked up a S+W MP15-22. It's fun and cheap

Comment

That's what I have.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

10/22 hands down
                      Big Rooster Racing
                      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Browning BL-22, lever action. Always puts a smile on my face.

I just bought this Taurus(I know I know, Taurus quality) Pump replica of a Winchester model 60. It is in .17 HMR.

I am betting it is going to be a blast to shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          P22 with a can.

Everything else was just expensive.
                          My P22 was a huge hit at the GTG. I like breaking it out at the indoor ranges and letting people shoot it without hearing protection and subsonic rounds.

I enjoy the shit out of it.

My other favorites are still .22lr

Nylon 66 and a modded 10/22 (with suppressor also of course)

Hell I am trying to buy another 10/22 right now.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Enjoying my Heritage (Uberti sister company) Rough Rider .38 SSA. Fun little cowboy gun. Cheaper ammo then 45LC.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              My buddy picked up a S+W MP15-22. It's fun and cheap

How much do those run? I ask because the 10/22 when I got it, was 189.99. You can do a tactical setup like CJ has on his 10/22 and you would have saved yourself some cash. Magazines are also cheaper on the 10/22.

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                              X