Whaa? My ATF Form 1 returned with this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaa? My ATF Form 1 returned with this:

Received my ATF Form 1 (or a copy at least) back with a Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)

A letter was included stating I must fill in boxes 2, 3 and 7...I don't remember any of the tutorials on submitting a Form 1 include this little piece of paper proving I am a citizen...

Anyone have this happen to them? First time ATF Form 1 submission...

Anyways filling it out and returning it via email (Inspector Pickles gave me his/her email address)

I wasn't familiar with the form from memory, so I had to pull up a copy. I can definitely see why they would want you to fill in those boxes, especially box 7 (signature of applicant). I do assume that we're talking about the same Form 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm).
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      I wasn't familiar with the form from memory, so I had to pull up a copy. I can definitely see why they would want you to fill in those boxes, especially box 7 (signature of applicant). I do assume that we're talking about the same Form 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm).
      Not the ATF Form 1 itself, they sent me an additional form "Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)"

Basically me verifying I am a US Citizen...I filled out the ATF form 1 perfectly, fingerprints, photos...etc...just didn't expect this to be sent back and have to fill out a verification form that I am a US citizen...especially if my CLEO had to do a background check on me...

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Received my ATF Form 1 (or a copy at least) back with a Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)

A letter was included stating I must fill in boxes 2, 3 and 7...I don't remember any of the tutorials on submitting a Form 1 include this little piece of paper proving I am a citizen...

Anyone have this happen to them? First time ATF Form 1 submission...

Anyways filling it out and returning it via email (Inspector Pickles gave me his/her email address)
        Form 5330.20 has always been required.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes. Once upon a time they did not require the cert of compliance with a trust, but they changed that relatively recently.

Here is a good example of how to fill it out in the trust's name-

NOTE The 5330.20 has been integrated into the Form 4 and Form 1 as of July 12,? 2016 so this is no longer necessary. ? In the past the ATF has not required a Form 5330.20 - Certification of ...
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Form 5330.20 has always been required.
            I don't know how I missed it then. I went through two different online tutorials, checked and checked again, but I guess I missed it both times.

I signed, scanned and just submitted them.

EDIT: LOL! I just got a response from her, she stated: "Thanks, you are stamped, approved, form will go out in tomorrow's mail. Dana"

Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              Not the ATF Form 1 itself, they sent me an additional form "Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)"

Basically me verifying I am a US Citizen...I filled out the ATF form 1 perfectly, fingerprints, photos...etc...just didn't expect this to be sent back and have to fill out a verification form that I am a US citizen...especially if my CLEO had to do a background check on me...
              Ah, gotcha. They just want to be extra, extra sure that you're not a foreign national cartel member. If you were, they could dispense with the paperwork altogether and just let you walk.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Ah, gotcha. They just want to be extra, extra sure that you're not a foreign national cartel member. If you were, they could dispense with the paperwork altogether and just let you walk.
                LOL! Sad but true.

Comment

Statements like this should be funny, not true.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This is one of the MAJOR reasons why I decided to turn in my N-400 and naturalize myself. NFA items are only available to citizens. :'(

I also get the right to vote!
                    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                      This is one of the MAJOR reasons why I decided to turn in my N-400 and naturalize myself. NFA items are only available to citizens. :'(

I also get the right to vote!
                      Wait.. maybe this is the way we can get all those illegals to come here legally!
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

What I like is the statement on the form that says the form is in accordance with the "paperwork reduction act of 1995"

Comment

Working...
                        X