Kablooey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kablooey!

Just a big bruise on my chest and I think there may be an aluminum chunk albeit a small one in there. The explosion of the flat top upper threw the whole side of the upper about fifty feet to the left. Nothing flew in my face and I am glad I was not holding on to the magazines because it blew them out pretty badly. On the handled upper it tore the rear attaching lug appart and it dangled on the take down pin. Ugly ugly stuff.
    Guy survived, sad story is it's a registered lower.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Wow!!
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Ouch! All that from what appears to be a cartridge failure?
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Hmmmm.... Possible overcharge? I would think it would take a ton of pressure to get an upper to come apart like that, or either a bad casting in the upper itself.
        It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I would hate to have that happen but at least he is okay.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Guy survived, sad story is it's a registered lower.

http://themeaningofpie.smugmug.com/P...710967_w4WTGFw
            Lower can be fixed! Its not that bad. He'll need a new upper.

Comment

Hmmmm.... Possible overcharge? I would think it would take a ton of pressure to get an upper to come apart like that, or either a bad casting in the upper itself.
              From what I've seen and read, it's near impossible to have or get an overcharge with .223. You can fill the case up completely with powder until it touches the base of the seated bullet and it still not cause any major issues...As long as it's fired while in the chamber....

This is of course, if you are using the correct powder. Now, if you use a faster burning powder, such as pistol powder, then the results can be, explosive!
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                From what I've seen and read, it's near impossible to have or get an overcharge with .223. You can fill the case up completely with powder until it touches the base of the seated bullet and it still not cause any major issues...As long as it's fired while in the chamber....

This is of course, if you are using the correct powder. Now, if you use a faster burning powder, such as pistol powder, then the results can be, explosive!
                You can do it in the lighter bullets even with the proper powder. What blows up guns is pressure. You can increase the pressure by not crimping or seating your bullet right. A loose neck tension combined with a semi auto chambering can cause the bullet to get knocked deep into the case, increasing the pressure and blowing up the gun, even if the charge was completely within spec.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

sounds more like a squib to me.

Comment

yikes!

Comment

Working...
                    X