Dumbass police chief: Sell the glock 18s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbass police chief: Sell the glock 18s

Summary: Police chief in Indiana has 6 Glock 18s and a shitload of ammo, but doesn't want his officers carrying them.

My solution would be to say "hey guys, keep the switch on semi please".
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

I'll take one!

Comment

I'll take all 6!!!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I could understand why they would not want to use a G18 for any sort of police work. It's not the kind of weapon you use in a police situation.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

McQueary is working with city officials to determine what to do with the guns. They may be sold to another police department or destroyed. The chief plans to exchange the ammunition for what the department uses.
          Oh noez!!

Comment

That would make a damn good CCW no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              Oh noez!!
              Sad face.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

ya, odds are that they destroy them. They only cost like $500 each anyway.

Comment

i'd love to have a full auto glock 18 just for the fun factor.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

So they double the radar traps to increase revenue, ticket people for anything and everything, but 6 transferables would not auction off for something?

Oh well, if they did sell them the money would be squandered anyhow, small consolation though it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                      So they double the radar traps to increase revenue, ticket people for anything and everything, but 6 transferables would not auction off for something?

Oh well, if they did sell them the money would be squandered anyhow, small consolation though it is.
                      Those guns are not transferables.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Oh? Well crap, then it really is Bush's fault

On a practical note, I assume the idea is concealed firepower that jumps up a notch to fill a niche. From something other than a mall ninja standpoint, does this carry any advantage over dropping the concealment in favor of something like an MP5? When and where would you want the 18 outside of a purely fun afternoon with a slow moving creek and some neon green tennis balls*

*this was the most fun I ever had during a class III shoot invite (not with an 18 though) and I urge everyone to consider the possibilities

Comment

Oh? Well crap, then it really is Bush's fault

On a practical note, I assume the idea is concealed firepower that jumps up a notch to fill a niche. From something other than a mall ninja standpoint, does this carry any advantage over dropping the concealment in favor of something like an MP5? When and where would you want the 18 outside of a purely fun afternoon with a slow moving creek and some neon green tennis balls*

*this was the most fun I ever had during a class III shoot invite (not with an 18 though) and I urge everyone to consider the possibilities
                          The glock 18 and all machine pistols are designed to save your life in a very hairy unanticipated situation, when the duration of aiming a weapon could get you killed. They also have the added benefit of enemy suppression. The point is machine pistols usually fire semi, and full auto. So you have a regular pistol, but in the event you might need it, automatic.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well yeah, I was just wondering what the overall need for concelable dragon's breath was? I don't really think a police force ever needed any such thing, especially if it had any reason for restricting it from law abiding citizens, but hey.

I am kind of like that. If the police "need" something to combat criminals and prevent them from preying on citizens, then really the prey should consider the need as possibly valid as well. Especially considering how reactive (as opposed to proactive) a given police response would be.

But fun as hell. Especially with a time machine to go back to white box/yellow box at $4.49/100

Comment

Well yeah, I was just wondering what the overall need for concelable dragon's breath was? I don't really think a police force ever needed any such thing, especially if it had any reason for restricting it from law abiding citizens, but hey.

I am kind of like that. If the police "need" something to combat criminals and prevent them from preying on citizens, then really the prey should consider the need as possibly valid as well. Especially considering how reactive (as opposed to proactive) a given police response would be.

But fun as hell. Especially with a time machine to go back to white box/yellow box at $4.49/100
                              Hey, those prices still exist if you're reloading

I personally don't need the point of a G18 for police use. police need controlability in most circumstances. Don't want to kill 12 civilians in a mall.

Comment

Working...
                              X