So you want to mod your Maglite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJs89lx View Post
    Interested in where you get that laser pointer for $150. I might just be interested in it. Would really like to buy a green one like it.
    x2

Comment

there is a ufo at 2:31-2:41 in that video
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
        there is a ufo at 2:31-2:41 in that video
        lol i was thinking the same thing!

Comment

So how much for you to build one?

Comment

And the laser too?!? lol

Comment

Ha on the UFO, from my front yard all the planes that land at either love or DFW (I assume its DFW because of the volume of planes) their landing pattern must point them right at me and those landing lights are bright! I do not build the lasers. I am going to check to see how may of the heat sinks I can get made by my coworker and I will let any interested people know early this next week. (He is out until Monday) I am really not trying to make a buck on this so maybe you could gtg and I would show several of you how, I could even provide tools. If you just have to have someone else do it for you maybe I would do a couple for a small fee but I would rather show you how and you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                I want that damn laser!!!
                Ditto.

Comment

I've seen flashlights that you can cook with. Can you cook with this Maglite after the conversion?

Also, How did the neighbors appreciate the spot light and laser show that night?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Ha on the UFO, from my front yard all the planes that land at either love or DFW (I assume its DFW because of the volume of planes) their landing pattern must point them right at me and those landing lights are bright! I do not build the lasers. I am going to check to see how may of the heat sinks I can get made by my coworker and I will let any interested people know early this next week. (He is out until Monday) I am really not trying to make a buck on this so maybe you could gtg and I would show several of you how, I could even provide tools. If you just have to have someone else do it for you maybe I would do a couple for a small fee but I would rather show you how and you do it.
                    If you had a get together i'd go. I don't mind doing the work myself just don't wanna screw anything up. Where did you pick up the laser from?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      I've seen flashlights that you can cook with. Can you cook with this Maglite after the conversion?

Also, How did the neighbors appreciate the spot light and laser show that night?
                      No it is LED, those lights use a conventional style bulb and thats why it gets so hot. Those particular neighbors had just left so I used that time to make the video.

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                      If you had a get together i'd go. I don't mind doing the work myself just don't wanna screw anything up. Where did you pick up the laser from?
                      Its not an online store that I buy them from, its from an individual that builds them. Anyone who wants a laser shoot me a PM and I will inquire for you. Just please be aware of the dangers involved.

Comment

that's really cool

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                          No it is LED, those lights use a conventional style bulb and thats why it gets so hot. Those particular neighbors had just left so I used that time to make the video.

Its not an online store that I buy them from, its from an individual that builds them. Anyone who wants a laser shoot me a PM and I will inquire for you. Just please be aware of the dangers involved.

I'm in on this as well, laser and flashlight. I would prefer to build one myself but would prefer the g2g option for some schooling.

Also, Brooks is a machinist and I'm betting he could quote some heat sinks too.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            I'm in on this as well, laser and flashlight. I would prefer to build one myself but would prefer the g2g option for some schooling.

Also, Brooks is a machinist and I'm betting he could quote some heat sinks too.

David
                            I will let you guys know on Monday how many more I can get from my guy (I am going to go out on a limb and say about 5) After that we can get a good count on folks that are ready and order some stuff.

Comment

For all the cheap asses... shipping doesnt seem to be that much... most places offer free shipping. The shipping on the batteries is $4

The LED on the other hand is out of stock for 1D and 4D... this is probably where the expensive shipping comes in since they are in Australia.

Comment

I paid $130 for my strion, I'd love to try this but as others have said I'd rather pay someone else to do something like that.

The laser is sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X