No announcement yet.

So you want to mod your Maglite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy I buy the lasers from has 3 for sale right now. He will sell them all to me for $310 shipped. 2 people have inquired about them via pm so I will give them first shot, that leaves one left for sure. If you want a 445nm blue burning laser for about $105 shipped shoot me a PM. These come with a set of rechargeables and a charger.

Comment

What would we be looking at for over all price on the maglite?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
        I buy them from individuals that make them. Pretty much any laser you find on the net has an extremely over rater power output and I would not trust ANY online vendor of their claims on power output. A green laser with a wavelength of 532nm is the brightest laser to the eye that you can get. For instance.... the laser in the video is a blue 445nm (I may have said it wrong in the video) and is tested and puts out a real 2w or 2000mw. A green 532nm with a power rating of 200mw will be brighter to the human eye. Also not all lasers are equal as far as pointing distance. The green 532nm style use a technology called DPSS and it involves CAREFULLY setting up a series of lens, a crystal, and the diode. It is almost impossible to the average person to build a high power 532nm green laser. Also say if you have a true 200mw output green 532nm laser you could not find anything far enough away that you could not put a dot on that you could visibly see. I was hitting reflectors on the real tall TV antennas that are in cedar hill from my front yard in Midlothian with a 300mw green. Those are MILES (at least 5) away from me. These are the lasers that are the real danger to airplanes as you can hit them even at near cruising altitude, especially some of the american airlines planes that have the polished bellys. As far as the blue goes it is much easier to manufacture as it is basically just a diode with a focusing lens in front of it. This type of technology does not have the distance pointing that the greens have as the beam will diverge at distance and you can do nothing about it. It still will point a long damn way though. If you are really interested shoot me a PM and I will get you setup but I can not stress enough the danger of pointing this in your own or especially someone elses eyes. We are talking instant permanent vision loss.
        What about IR lasers? Can you help with optics for them? I bought a surplus liquid cooled 100 watt RMS carbon dioxide laser and power supply. I can't even turn it on without getting hurt. The air in front of it gets superheated the moment you turn it on and it goes BANG. I have gear to protect myself from the non visible light and heat but not from the noise. From what research I have done it seams that I could make this thing useful with some mirrors and optics.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'd like to see one of these modified mag lights in person so I can get a real good idea.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

PM Sent.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
            There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              What about IR lasers? Can you help with optics for them? I bought a surplus liquid cooled 100 watt RMS carbon dioxide laser and power supply. I can't even turn it on without getting hurt. The air in front of it gets superheated the moment you turn it on and it goes BANG. I have gear to protect myself from the non visible light and heat but not from the noise. From what research I have done it seams that I could make this thing useful with some mirrors and optics.
              PM sent

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              PM Sent.
              PM replied

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I'd like to see one of these modified mag lights in person so I can get a real good idea.
                I am in Midlothian, right around 287/67 come on by one night this weekend. Just follow the spotlights you see in the sky.

Seriously though, PM me for an address if you want to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  What would we be looking at for over all price on the maglite?
                  If you buy a fresh maglite to do the job on you should expect about a $90 investment if you get in on a group buy of the parts. Maybe cheaper but that is pretty much a ceiling price.

Comment

LMK if you don't get that 3rd laser accounted for (before shipping).
                    I would love to get one but need to watch the funds, and want to do the Mag first.

David

Comment

Pm'd you back btw

Comment

Are there any mods for the larger 3 D cell lights? I'd rather not buy a whole new light, but if I have to, that's what I will do
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Are there any mods for the larger 3 D cell lights? I'd rather not buy a whole new light, but if I have to, that's what I will do
                          You can get the regular maglite non led from home depot for $17 out the door. There may be a mod for the 3 d cell maglites using the regular 32600 non protected cells (they are the same size as a regular D cell.) Thing is those are about $15 each so you might as well buy a nice new maglite.

Comment

You can get the regular maglite non led from home depot for $17 out the door. There may be a mod for the 3 d cell maglites using the regular 32600 non protected cells (they are the same size as a regular D cell.) Thing is those are about $15 each so you might as well buy a nice new maglite.
                            Point taken. Its been a good long while since my advanced electronics courses.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I have 2 of the 3 lasers spoken and paid for, we need one more payment sent to get them on the road.

Comment

I have 2 of the 3 lasers spoken and paid for, we need one more payment sent to get them on the road.
                                Are these just modified DVD burner lasers?
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X