Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get KNS non-rotating pins locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get KNS non-rotating pins locally?

I'm looking for KNS non-rotating pins or something like them locally. I'm tired of my trigger and hammer pins walking out of my receiver. Would like to pick up a couple of sets this Saturday.

I'm in Arlington so CTD would be a bit of a drive but I will go out there if that is the only option.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

I think CTD is probably going to be it locally.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
      I'm looking for KNS non-rotating pins or something like them locally. I'm tired of my trigger and hammer pins walking out of my receiver. Would like to pick up a couple of sets this Saturday.

I'm in Arlington so CTD would be a bit of a drive but I will go out there if that is the only option.
      I would say come give me 29 bucks for a pair since I have 5 sets in my garage but CTD is just down the street from me. I had a reciever do the same and vowed all my recievers with triggers that rotate on the pin will get anti rotating sets. While you are in there do an ambi safety also.

This afternoon at my place is AR building time with these 3 lowers.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I think CTD is probably going to be it locally.
        Yeah, I was afraid of that. Great, there goes 4 hours of my Saturday.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        I would say come give me 29 bucks for a pair since I have 5 sets in my garage but CTD is just down the street from me. I had a reciever do the same and vowed all my recievers with triggers that rotate on the pin will get anti rotating sets. While you are in there do an ambi safety also.

This afternoon at my place is AR building time with these 3 lowers.
        i appreciate the offer anyway. I'm sure there are a few more things I "need" at CTD. One of these days I am going to buy some more parts and come to one of the build parties. I really like the area where you are, seems like you loose the overcrowding but you keep the comforts of being close to the city.

The walking is just plain annoying and makes the rifle feel cheap IMO. Unless I ever build one with a drop in trigger these will be on the list indefinitely.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Comment

gun masters in plano had them too.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Great, there goes 4 hours of my Saturday.

i appreciate the offer anyway. I'm sure there are a few more things I "need" at CTD. One of these days I am going to buy some more parts and come to one of the build parties. I really like the area where you are, seems like you loose the overcrowding but you keep the comforts of being close to the city.

The walking is just plain annoying and makes the rifle feel cheap IMO. Unless I ever build one with a drop in trigger these will be on the list indefinitely.
            If you make it out to CTD let me know, I am a few minutes from there.

My wife and I love the area out here. It is just quiet enough but 10-15 minutes from everything I need.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I use bailing wire.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'd look into receiver problems or pins out spec. They shouldn't walk period.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I'd look into receiver problems or pins out spec. They shouldn't walk period.
                  usually it's caused by a cut spring leg, or a leg not resting on a pin. If you're running a cut spring leg, the grove needs to be on the side of the remaining spring leg. If you fail to rest a spring leg on the grooved end of a pin, they WILL walk out.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    If you make it out to CTD let me know, I am a few minutes from there.

My wife and I love the area out here. It is just quiet enough but 10-15 minutes from everything I need.
                    Will do.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    usually it's caused by a cut spring leg, or a leg not resting on a pin. If you're running a cut spring leg, the grove needs to be on the side of the remaining spring leg. If you fail to rest a spring leg on the grooved end of a pin, they WILL walk out.
                    I am going to check that out tonight and see what they look like.

Comment

So it looks like the trigger assembly has a shroud/spacer that encircles the bottom half of the trigger pin. The shroud comes up enough on the back side to keep the leg of the hammer spring from resting on the pin.

I could probably clip the spring or grind a bit of the shroud off with the dremel but at this point I am really just looking forward to going to CTD, so im just going to get the KNS kit for the lower I use right now. I may try to fix the problem using one of those methods on my un-used lower in the future.
                      Last edited by slow06; 09-23-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

So it looks like the trigger assembly has a shroud/spacer that encircles the bottom half of the trigger pin. The shroud comes up enough on the back side to keep the leg of the hammer spring from resting on the pin.

I could probably clip the spring or grind a bit of the shroud off with the dremel but at this point I am really just looking forward to going to CTD, so im just going to get the KNS kit for the lower I use right now. I may try to fix the problem using one of those methods on my un-used lower in the future.
                        Well after I installed the KNS Pins I was explaining why I was changing them out to my dad, and when I got my 2 lowers side by side I immediately realized what happened: My hammer spring was backwards. The legs were coming off above the hammer spring at enough of an angle to have them resting on the trigger assembly instead of the trigger pin.

This is NOT how your springs should look people. (Not a great picture, but at the bottom you can see how the legs are coming from above the hammer pin (wrong) instead of below the hammer pin (right).
                        Last edited by slow06; 09-24-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X