No announcement yet.

Shotgun - Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Op, you need to go to Academy and look at/compare the 1187, the Browning Silver Hunter, Weatherby SA-08, and the Yildiz O/U's and the A71 semi-auto from Yildiz. Cycle the actions and fondle all of them well. I can almost guarantee that, for the money, you will like the Weatherby ($599 at Academy) or the Yildiz better than the 1187...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I wouldn't touch most of those Turkish guns, but if I'm going to buy an unknown quality gun, it'll be a cheap.

Cheap over and under = Yildiz.

Or pony up 800-1000$ and snag the next Browning Citori that you find.

I wouldn't even use those shitty turkish aluminum receivered semi autos like the Weatherby SA-08 as a club.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        Op, you need to go to Academy and look at/compare the 1187, the Browning Silver Hunter, Weatherby SA-08, and the Yildiz O/U's and the A71 semi-auto from Yildiz. Cycle the actions and fondle all of them well. I can almost guarantee that, for the money, you will like the Weatherby ($599 at Academy) or the Yildiz better than the 1187...
        It's an over under vs. a semi auto, they are completely different types of guns.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's an over under vs. a semi auto, they are completely different types of guns.
          Yildiz makes a semi-auto as well. Model A71 i believe. That's what I was referring to...
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

The A71 does get positive feedback most of the time on some of the forums I've been reading.

2 buddies of mine are doing 10/22 shopping this weekend and I'm going along to give advice (you know they are rookies if I'm giving input) and shop shotguns. I'll certainly take a look at them, I hear they LOOK really nice/old school too. We'll be visiting Academy, Dicks, Cabelas and probably CTD in McKinney.

I was going to buy, but decided I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas and over-research the different models I like - to maybe include an o/u or two. Maybe by that time I'll have a chance to shoot a couple and make a decent decision. My budget is not a lot but I'd like to get the most I can for it...blah blah and all that stuff.

Again, thanks for the help everyone.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Look for a used charles daly. just for comparisons.

Comment

Working...
              X