Primary Arms 3X compact scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Arms 3X compact scope

I'm thinking I may pick one up for an inexpensive 5.56/.223 AR build. People raved about their 4X. Or heck I may even order it and try it out on my 6.8 until I get the build done.

http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...5&categoryId=1

Primary Arms 3X Compact Scope
    ■ FOV 35' at 100 yards
    ■ Red Illuminated Reticle
    ■ Waterproof
    ■ Fog resistant
    ■ Eye relief 3.5"
    ■ .3 MOA windage and elevation adjustments
    ■ 5.5" long
    ■ 15.5oz
    ■ Multi-coated lens
    ■ One year warranty
    ■ Fits in Acog mounts
    ■ Uses single CR2032 battery (Included)

■ Base can be removed for use on a AR15/M16 carry handle

I am very happy with their products. I have their 3x magnifier and the M3 red dot on the cantilever mount on my AR and its great. Its no Aimpoint, but its definitely not $600 worse than an Aimpoint setup either. In all honesty I really cant tell a difference. Its a great piece

Comment

I'm real happy with my PA M4 clone.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

PA makes a good product. I have their Micro Dot on my AK and I love it.

Comment

i'm trying to decide one of their scopes or a reddot + magnifier for my 16" ar along with a set of flip up sights.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I have their 1-4X illuminated recticle scope on my 6.8 and its perfect for that round. I am trying to decide on the magnifier vs 3x scope for a 16" .223.

Comment

I've been very impressed with the primary arms magnifier and mount.. both work great. Only thing is they are heavy as shit.

Brandon-k - how's that microdot? 3moa dot... is it really 3moa? I'm thinking about getting one. Do you have their fancy mount, or the factory one? How high does it sit?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I've been very impressed with the primary arms magnifier and mount.. both work great. Only thing is they are heavy as shit.

Brandon-k - how's that microdot? 3moa dot... is it really 3moa? I'm thinking about getting one. Do you have their fancy mount, or the factory one? How high does it sit?
                Not sure if it's actually 3moa or not. Out at 100 yards the dot seems real damn big...I do know that. It's no where near as sharp as an aimpoint...but for the price difference it's negligible. I just use the factory mount on my AK..as the MI uni rail already sits up pretty high. My buddy has his on an AR with their QD mount and he really seems to like it.

Comment

Ordered one today as well as the rest of the stuff to do a .223. I'll post a report, and if anyone wants to loan me an ACOG I will do a comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                    Ordered one today as well as the rest of the stuff to do a .223. I'll post a report, and if anyone wants to loan me an ACOG I will do a comparison...
                    Sweet. I ordered the m3 today.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I'm trying to decide between going with a PA red dot/magnifier setup or getting an Eotech. Any of you have pics of your setups? If you can get a pic of your red dot on that would be much appreciated.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        I'm trying to decide between going with a PA red dot/magnifier setup or getting an Eotech. Any of you have pics of your setups? If you can get a pic of your red dot on that would be much appreciated.
                        pics on the way, i'm bored as hell.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If you don't mind springing for an EOTECH it's much much better than the PA optics. If you are just shooting a short distance then the PA should be just fine. At 100 yards the dot is pretty big. Not sure how it is with the magnifier though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                            If you don't mind springing for an EOTECH it's much much better than the PA optics. If you are just shooting a short distance then the PA should be just fine. At 100 yards the dot is pretty big. Not sure how it is with the magnifier though.
                            I don't mind waiting and spending more money on an Eotech, I just want to give the PA red dots a chance because I've read some great things about that. But I don't want to settle on something and wish I'd bought something else.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

ok, these are iphone pics and it's a bit hard to get it to focus through the optic and keep the red dot sharp so obviously it looks a bit better in person.

front (yes lens looks orange with that reflex coating):

back. on, level 7 (high), has a bluish/green hue to it probably due to that coating:

left:

right:

red dot, on level 6:

on, level 4:

on, level 2:
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X