Dove hunt fail this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
    No, I just don't have anywhere to go. The spot we hunt at, after opening weekend the dove hunting just goes to shit.
    Then go back for the split season later, or get a lease. Dove leases are cheap as shit. BTW, this weekend should be great hunting. Storms and cold fronts always push birds south in front of then.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      Then go back for the split season later, or get a lease. Dove leases are cheap as shit. BTW, this weekend should be great hunting. Storms and cold fronts always push birds south in front of then.
      not very cheap anymore man. They are insane.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        not very cheap anymore man. They are insane.
        Leases aren't bad, day hunts not so much. I remember $25 day hunts, now it's $75 to $100 per day, up to $150 on opening day. But i have a lease in Justin, which is 10 minutes from my house, on 550 acres w/ 3 tanks @ $220 for the season. I've done it the last 4 years. It's not a bad price for me, even if i don't kill much birds it's still a good place for me to train my dogs or get out in the field and walk around. I'm going out tomorrow for some training and not even taking my shotgun.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Ceej, you should have went to Argentina. A friend of mine went on a dove hunt down there with his brother and scored 2,000 dove. Apparently they have over 20 million dove and there is no limit. They use the killed birds to feed the locals.

He shot about 100 boxes of shells.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Ceej, you should have went to Argentina. A friend of mine went on a dove hunt down there with his brother and scored 2,000 dove. Apparently they have over 20 million dove and there is no limit. They use the killed birds to feed the locals.

I bet that was 10K by the time it was all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

good lord.... Yeah I've heard about that, but I've also heard getting the permits and shit for shotguns in Argentina is like big bucks. I think Alex mentioned doing that recently or something. I would have to tape 3 1187's together to shoot all those damn birds, lol.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                good lord.... Yeah I've heard about that, but I've also heard getting the permits and shit for shotguns in Argentina is like big bucks. I think Alex mentioned doing that recently or something. I would have to tape 3 1187's together to shoot all those damn birds, lol.
                I would never bring my own gun to Argentina, just use theirs. They were selling off season hunts for 2k for 5 days of shooting in the Dallas Safari Show. Even in the off season the amount of birds is insane.
                "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Working...
                X