Dove hunt fail this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove hunt fail this year

Got a shitty 4 birds in 2 days of hunting. Walked several miles, no luck really. I had to shoot a full choke to even have a chance, and all 3 of the birds I shot were at ~50-70 yards - so I had to work for them. How did everyone else fare?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

i could have gotten 4 in my alley way yesterday but didn't see one bird at the lease this weekend
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      i could have gotten 4 in my alley way yesterday but didn't see one bird at the lease this weekend
      I saw them everywhere, its just they were not flying anywhere near me.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nothing. Even when hunting water.

Comment

Limited out opening day in Hico. Paid for a seasonal lease in Justin, went out twice, nothing. Been in the hospital w/ the wife since but once we get home me and the bird dog going try again.
          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Saw more at the lease then ever have, we have the only water source in West Texas right now.
            Shot at a couple, but filling feeders in 106* wears you out to the point of not wanting to do shit but sit back and drink beer.

Comment

I haven't got any yet but my air rifle is at the back door. Should start seein em in town anytime now

Comment

Man, I feel bad. Was using a full choke and 6s / 7 1/2s south of Waxahatchie and limted out the saturday of opening week (morn / eve). Lots of birds. It's been 10+ years since I've had a hunt this good in TX.

You guys know how it is...hit or miss...or miss...or miss.

Comment

I got a shit ton on Saturday on my buddy's property west of Ennis off of HWY 34.

I can't wait to grill them with jalepeno and bacon.

Comment

Buddy of mine went and they got a lot from what he made it seem like.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      I got a shit ton on Saturday on my buddy's property west of Ennis off of HWY 34.

I can't wait to grill them with jalepeno and bacon.
                      must be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        must be nice!
                        I'm just BSing..

I didn't go Saturday, but I was told there were quite a few dove in Ennis (well between Ennis and Scurry).

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                          Limited out opening day in Hico. Paid for a seasonal lease in Justin, went out twice, nothing. Been in the hospital w/ the wife since but once we get home me and the bird dog going try again.
                          Holler at me when you're down here man. I've got you on a cup of coffee at the Koffee Kup!
                          Last edited by DieselSmoke; 09-13-2011, 05:50 PM.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Limited with all whiteys in about 45 minutes in Waller (west of Houston) on Labor Day; all four of the group were done in about an hour, with two morning dove in the whole lot. I've never had a shoot like that before!

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbors View Post
                              Limited with all whiteys in about 45 minutes in Waller (west of Houston) on Labor Day; all four of the group were done in about an hour, with two morning dove in the whole lot. I've never had a shoot like that before!
                              I got one whitey - dovezilla. That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X