10/22 owners: Ruger 25 rd magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/22 owners: Ruger 25 rd magazine

Have you seen the Ruger BX-25 25 rd magazine?

Nice, It says that it feeds just as good as the stock 10 rounders. I would pick up a couple if someone could confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      Nice, It says that it feeds just as good as the stock 10 rounders. I would pick up a couple if someone could confirm that.
      Wonder if it has the same break in period that the Butler Creek hot lips 25 round magazines do. I've put 500+ rounds through one I got a month or two ago and it still isn't broken in.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        Have you seen the Ruger BX-25 25 rd magazine?
        http://shopruger.com/10_22-BX-25-Mag...uctinfo/90361/
        Cheaper than dirt has them. And let me say, Ruger is PROUD of those mags....

I'll buy aftermarket.

Comment

I have the BX-25, they are on sale last I checked at Midway. I'd take them any day over Butler Creek. I own both and the Ruger 25 rocks. I have not had a single feed issue with mine.

Comment

Just watched 5 or 6 youtube videos with guys using them and so far it seems like they're good magazines. Granted you have to take those video's with a grain of salt but so far each of them said they hadn't had any failure to feed, which I can't say the same about my hot lips magazine with steel lips.

Out of 33 ratings on Midway.com, only 3 of them weren't 5 star ratings.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

one of these came with the 10/22 my dad just bought (was a new set up with the archangel kit)
              I've put about 100 rounds through it and had no troubles at all.
              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

If they work as reliably as the Ruger 10 rounders they are worth every cent of $30. That has been the problem with all hi-cap 10/22 mags as of yet. I will definitely pick up one if I keep finding good reviews like I have been seeing.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

i like the added capacity but i hate the look on a 10/22.

i stick with stock ruger 10 rounders.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    i like the added capacity but i hate the look on a 10/22.

i stick with stock ruger 10 rounders.
                    agreed with a stock 10/22 it looks dumb but with the archangel kit ours has it looks right at home

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                      agreed with a stock 10/22 it looks dumb but with the archangel kit ours has it looks right at home

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that looks dumb.

It is a 22 with a bayonet on it.... and railz...
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

the bayonet is dumb I admit that... and is not on the gun anymore. The rest I don't mind, even though it is just a 22

Comment

I wish they were clear or at least had a window. The butler creek steel lip mags are the best of aftermarket. All three of mine function flawlessly. When they are brand new, they hang up when above 20 rounds, but once they get dirty they start to work flawlessly. This last weekend I had my 10/22 bouncing and banging around in my jeep. It was COVERED in dust and dirt, inside and out, and it didn't jam once when I was shooting rabbits, and I shot through 10 mags. I'm sure the ruger mags are great quality as to be expected, but for more money, less features, and the same capacity... what makes these so great?
                          Last edited by CJ; 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

How does that kit feel? It looks like cheap plastic (the buttstock mostly) but I have never seen or held one, I am just going off of this picture.

I have never liked the tactical style 10/22's but that wouldn't be bad if it had a standard looking handguard and nix the bayonet.

I am not a fan of the extended magazines for the standard 10/22's though, I like the flush fit.
                            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Here's a very unknown aftermarket mag the 10/22 can accept.

As for the BX-25 mag, when they were new earlier this year, midway had them for sale for $21.99. Right now they are $24.99 http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=238525
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X