Good places to get ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good places to get ammo?

Just wondering if you guys could suggest a better (cheaper) place locally to buy average handgun ammo than Wally World. I'm interested in 9mm and .38 spcl target and personal defense rounds. I picked up a box of 100 9mm FMJ target rounds at Walmart for the GTG for $19.99, but I was just curious if there's anywhere else that's cheaper? I'm not sure if my Tokarev can handle +P loads so I should prolly stick to standard loads.

I have best luck at academy and CTD McKinney. Although I do buy my 12ga stuff and clays at wal-mart.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That is a pretty good price on 9mm...

Comment

yea, 20 cents a round seems to pretty good/avg.

your best price would come from paying for 1000 rounds, no tax, no shipping if you can find it. even then, 17 cents a round...
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Yeah I've been searching online and still haven't found anything that competes with the ones I bought for the GTG. They were Federal 9mm FMJ 115gr. for $19.99. I fired every one of them at the GTG and my gun fed everyone of them smooth as butter. Guess I'ma go get me some more.

Comment

Unless your planning on buying in bulk or have a special hard to find caliber (10mm) it's hard to beat Walmart for pistol ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Yeah I've been searching online and still haven't found anything that competes with the ones I bought for the GTG. They were Federal 9mm FMJ 115gr. for $19.99. I fired every one of them at the GTG and my gun fed everyone of them smooth as butter. Guess I'ma go get me some more.
              thats exactly what i buy. i hate walmart but:

100 box of federal 9mm, 115 grain.
              50 box of federal 45, 230 grain
              550 value pack of federal 22, 36 grain
              20 box of american eagle 223, 55 grain
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

www.Ammunitiontogo.com is out of Brenham, Tx.

They have really good pricing.

Comment

Not sure how it stacks as a "deal" but Cabella's had:
                  .380 Winchester white box 100ct for $37
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I went up to Walmart and picked up another 100 box of the Federals for 20 bux. That'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post

Thats where I get all my 6.8 stuff till I get enough to start reloading. I ordered at 5pm one day and it was here the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Not sure how it stacks as a "deal" but Cabella's had:
                        .380 Winchester white box 100ct for $37
                        Same price at Academy. I think Walmart might be $1 cheaper.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

www.sgammo.com has decent prices
                          It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post

I've ordered from there as well but because it's in Texas you pay taxes and shipping. They still have some good deals every once in a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I've ordered from there as well but because it's in Texas you pay taxes and shipping. They still have some good deals every once in a while though.
                              Yeah, I've thought about stopping by or initiating a group buy for that place. Get a couple of people in a pickup - and pickup several thousand rounds.

Problem is I don't think there is much wiggle room for these sellers from a margin point of view. So, even if we committed to buying 100,000 rounds of various ammo - they MIGHT come off a penny or two per round. Still, their prices were good - just need to make it worth it to spend the gas to save the shipping.

edit: the penny or two thing is a guess on my part. I don't actually know how much they pay per round.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X