.380 recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .380 recommendation

Going to the Irving gun show tomorrow and hope to pick up a .380 for concealed carry. I have a Beretta 40cal I usually carry but want something smaller as another option when the situation dictates. I also want something my daughter and girlfriend are more comfortable shooting. Any recommendations?

bersa

Comment

I would find a find a smaller .40 cal to carry. Or a small compact 9mm.

Comment

Ruger LCP .380.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

sig p238

Comment

If you want a nice gun, p238 all day. If you want a cheaper but solid gun then snag a p3at or lcp

Comment

.32 is also an option. Never cared for .380 lack of stopping power.

Comment

Bersa or taurus TCP
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sounds like you want one for a BUG.
                  If you want to front pocket carry: LCP or P3AT
                  If you want to carry in your back or a cargo pocket, or carry IWB: P238

The S&W Bodyguard .380 looks like a nice pistol, but I don't have any experience with it.
                  Why not the P238 for front pocket carry? Its heavier, a little larger, and has edges that catch that the other two don't. Plus I feel safer with it in a holster that covers the safety and trigger since it is SA only and I carry it cocked. The other 2 are DA only, so a shorter pocker holster works to cover the trigger.
                  From experience, avoid the DB380 at all costs. That is unless you're OK with throwing it at a BG when it jams or the trigger breaks.

There are the newer small 9mm's also. Like the P290 and LC9. I don't like their deeper and yet still quite narrow grip and they're larger/heavier.

I will tell you, I got my P238 for a BUG. I like carrying it so much it becomes my primary in the summer.

Comment

I'm officially an LCP fan for many reasons. I'll post them later.

Sent from my DROIDX
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                      I don't want to get hit by a .22 short, .380 has enough stopping power with modern ammunition.

Comment

My ol' lady got a Bersa .380 for Christmas. She's been to the range 3 times with it, and it has jammed each time after about 25 rounds. Cheap, but not even worth it.

Comment

Bersa

Comment

I thought 380 had more stopping power than a 32...
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Same here.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/849728/posts

Comment

Working...
                              X