Best patches ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best patches ever

Had to share. I had been using those Hoppe's patches for the longest time and ran across these at Cabela's before moving to FL and I love them. Yea I know its a random post, but check them out if you get the chance, they are THAT good

OK what's so great about them? And when did you move to FL? I thought you were in NYC?

Comment

I use these combined with hoppes abbrasive patches for the dirty work. You might want to look into buying material at sewing/cloth stores and cutting your own patches. 10x cheaper and almost unlimited supply.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        OK what's so great about them? And when did you move to FL? I thought you were in NYC?
        Way more absorbent than synthetic patches, and pick up lots more dirt and residue. Whenever I soak the hoppes patches the oil just kinda falls off and I barely have a chance to get it anywhere. And the solvent I don't even know if its getting all the way down the barrel with those.

I moved to FL in June. NYC would be nice, but the beaches here will do

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I use these combined with hoppes abbrasive patches for the dirty work. You might want to look into buying material at sewing/cloth stores and cutting your own patches. 10x cheaper and almost unlimited supply.
        Interesting. I dont know if I have the patience to cut my own patches lol

Comment

I use old briefs and t-shirts.......seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
            I use old briefs and t-shirts.......seriously.
            to clean inside bores?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              to clean inside bores?
              for everything except rifle bores.

Comment

Working...
              X