PA College student CCW and BG : Tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA College student CCW and BG : Tie

A Philadelphia college student with a permit to carry a firearm off-campus exchanged gunfire Monday with a teen accused of trying to rob him.

Authorities say 21-year-old Temple University student Robert Eells had a license to carry the weapon and will not face any charges in the incident, MyFoxPhilly.com reports.

Police have charged the 15-year-old suspect, but say they are still determining just what happened in the double-shooting north of the city campus.

The suspect allegedly tried to rob Eels in front of his off-campus house in an early-morning (1:30 am per video) encounter Monday. When Eels refused to give the teen money, the suspect started shooting, authorities said. Eels, who was shot in the stomach, fired back, hitting the teen in the chest and leg, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

School officials say Eells, of Doylestown, Pa., is recovering at Temple University Hospital.

Authorities say the teen is in custody at the hospital.

Officers, meanwhile, are looking for two alleged accomplices to the botched robbery.

Students are not allowed to carry firearms on the campus of Temple University, a school spokesman told the newspaper.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Wow. Glad he had the means to protect himself!

Comment

Too bad the suspect didn't die. Now we'll have to foot the bill for this low life scumbag for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Too bad the suspect didn't die. Now we'll have to foot the bill for this low life scumbag for a few years.
        Hope for infection...

Comment

The kid should be charged with Criminal Attempt Capital Murder.

He could spend 20 years in jail, which is a good thing, but not enough.

Comment

Why did the media even mention that the guy is a student and then ask the school for comment? Off campus residence and off campus incident = not related to school in any way.

Comment

Glad to hear he student appears to be in recovery. If I ever have to shoot someone, I do not foresee them surviving as I will be shooting thermonuclear projectiles. Probably would have to call two ambulances if I had to shoot someone. With a 1,500fps 135gr projectile I don't think over penetration is gonna be an issue, unless there's 8 exit wounds.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I wonder what weapon the victim was carrying and what defensive load he was using.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  Why did the media even mention that the guy is a student and then ask the school for comment? Off campus residence and off campus incident = not related to school in any way.
                  i was thinking the same thing. It's retarded.
                  Originally posted by 56482
                  only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

I did not even notice that, I thought the police were just being cool about it. Assuming, carrying on-campus is illegal there too.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

To stir up the student carrying guns bullshit again. Its all for media sensationalism. I'm all for legalized carry in schools...DPS statistics prove that legal CCW persons are FAR....FAR...FAR less likely to be involved in serious crimes than the criminals and nutjobs that go around robbing people and shooting up restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                      X