850 Rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850 Rounds

So, uh, you guys reload? Because if not....

I have a 60, but I don't reload. I have enough ammo to hold out for a while.

Shitty part is a 60 destroys brass, so you get one use out of it.

Comment

Aww well nevermind then. I love going to the range when guys are over there doing mag dumps (our range allows rapid fire and holster draws) and they don't reload. Jackpot!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Aww well nevermind then. I love going to the range when guys are over there doing mag dumps (our range allows rapid fire and holster draws) and they don't reload. Jackpot!
        We use to scrounge up brass from ranges like it was going out of style, but then sorting out 7.62 from .308 civilian sucked balls.

I'll start reloading one day. I have tons of shit for it. I'm just lazy. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          We use to scrounge up brass from ranges like it was going out of style, but then sorting out 7.62 from .308 civilian sucked balls.

I'll start reloading one day. I have tons of shit for it. I'm just lazy. Lol
          Any reason to do this?

Comment

Any reason to do this?
            I've always heard civilian .308 has a thinner case then military surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              I've always heard civilian .308 has a thinner case then military surplus.
              If you put it through the FL size die the outside dimensions are gonna be the same, right?

Comment

If you put it through the FL size die the outside dimensions are gonna be the same, right?
                Outside dimensions are the same, inside volume is different. Military cases are thicker = less volume.

You need to go 2-3 grains of powder less in a military case vs a commercial case. Otherwise you could have pressure issues.

Comment

That was badass

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                    Outside dimensions are the same, inside volume is different. Military cases are thicker = less volume.

You need to go 2-3 grains of powder less in a military case vs a commercial case. Otherwise you could have pressure issues.
                    Just on a 7.62 right? I reload both .223 and 5.56 and I haven't come across a load that would fill up the case on either. 308 is rather easy to top off though.

Comment

Just on a 7.62 right? I reload both .223 and 5.56 and I haven't come across a load that would fill up the case on either. 308 is rather easy to top off though.
                      On ALL military brass. You dont have to fill the case to have a detonation.

Google ar-15 kaboom

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                        On ALL military brass. You dont have to fill the case to have a detonation.

Google ar-15 kaboom
                        Will that matter even if the rifle is 5.56 and .223 and not just .223?

Comment

Will that matter even if the rifle is 5.56 and .223 and not just .223?
                          You over pressure any chamber and boom

Comment

Working...
                          X