Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take a democrat/anti shooting. They will like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a democrat/anti shooting. They will like it!

My g/f's father and aunt are in town for the Oregon/LSU game and my g/f had to teach class on Friday evening so I was head of entertainment. Her aunt is a dem/anti so without a discussion, I took them to DFWgunrange on mockingbird and we shot my P9, USP40, and AR-15. The huge ear-to-ear grin after shooting the AR tells me that I won. She sent pics to all her friends and they were like WTF? Get out of Texas! lolz
    I don't know if I made a conversion of any kind but I know she had a great time and wants to shoot more when she gets home.
    Take an anti shooting. We need them on our side. Teach them safety. Teach them how to operate the firearm. Watch them use all your freaking ammo!

Props to DFW gunrange! I have always had good experiences there and their hospitality to "outsiders" is great!

There is a lot of ignorance out there in terms of weapons. You may not have converted them, but I can see the grin from here.

Comment

$100 says they go home and tell everyone they shot a machine gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        There is a lot of ignorance out there in terms of weapons. You may not have converted them, but I can see the grin from here.
        This^

Those that have never shot a firearm are usually scared of them. They are nothing more than tools.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          Yep !! Good one.

Comment

Well I did explain the difference in full auto and semi auto but you never know. Still does not hurt their story if they "went to Texas and shot a machine gun". Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              Well I did explain the difference in full auto and semi auto but you never know. Still does not hurt their story if they "went to Texas and shot a machine gun". Heh.
              Either way, besides personal defense and hunting - the entertainment value of guns a lone is worth it. Not to mention folks who collect and lets not forget about the historic type guns...etc...etc

All these are the reasons why I went from being a simple person with a handgun and a hunting rifle to having 9 of different types - and zero plans to stop. I can see myself having 2 large safes full in 10 years. Although, at some point I'd like to start collecting some nicer historic rifles/pistols.

Anyway, us gun lovers sound like broken records - cause anti-gun folks just don't listen. There is nothing wrong with guns and what most people want to use them for. Criminals are the problem.

edit: Good job. You did a good thing.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Congrats. I also get a lot of satisfaction watching people shoot even more when they have never shot before.

Anti's are just uneducated and people are always afraid of the unknown.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

That's pretty funny man.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    lol

No doubt.

David

Comment

Took my neighbour shooting with CJ once, he enjoyed the hell out of it, and is now on the process to save money to purchase his first gun, along with a safe, and trigger lock for his kids.
                      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        Those that have never shot a firearm are usually scared of them. They are nothing more than tools.
                        And this. There's fear out there spread by the anti-gun media that propagates to the ignorant masses on the eveeels of guns.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The last exhange student that my previous co-worker housed was a girl from Holland back in 2000-2001. Never understood why people had/needed a gun let alone multiples, have me crap because I always carried a knife, and so on. THe knife was pretty easy, explained it was used more as a tool than a weapon. Anyway, co worker had 5 or 6 acres so I came out one day with some can's, plastic bottle, my .22 Luger, shotgun, and sks. Finally talked her into giving shooting a try, she was a natural. Dead on with the pistol after explaining how to line up the sights. The rifle was a little sketchy because her arm length didn't allow her to shoulder it the greatest, but she managed. I saved the shotgun for last, she wanted to know what it was for/did so I piled up all the cans and bottles and put her about 8 feet from them and told her to let it have it. The stuff flying and her smiling was priceless.

It truly is amazing how you can change a persons perspective about guns by showing them the safety/recreational side of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                            The last exhange student that my previous co-worker housed was a girl from Holland back in 2000-2001. Never understood why people had/needed a gun let alone multiples, have me crap because I always carried a knife, and so on. THe knife was pretty easy, explained it was used more as a tool than a weapon. Anyway, co worker had 5 or 6 acres so I came out one day with some can's, plastic bottle, my .22 Luger, shotgun, and sks. Finally talked her into giving shooting a try, she was a natural. Dead on with the pistol after explaining how to line up the sights. The rifle was a little sketchy because her arm length didn't allow her to shoulder it the greatest, but she managed. I saved the shotgun for last, she wanted to know what it was for/did so I piled up all the cans and bottles and put her about 8 feet from them and told her to let it have it. The stuff flying and her smiling was priceless.

It truly is amazing how you can change a persons perspective about guns by showing them the safety/recreational side of shooting.
                            Pics of exchange student from Holland...

Comment

I've seen the exact same thing. Bunch of libs came in town for a meeting at work. They ended up at a gun range, and the next day almost all had posted on Facebook and gotten responses of "WTF - you go to Texas and now you are a gunslinger!?".
                              DamonH

Comment

Working...
                              X