dove season started for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dove season started for me.

Can't wait to get out tonight. Walked around the homestead and I'm 3-3 but the cat got one before I did haha.

Heard them out this morning, will not be able to hit 'em till Saturday morning....

Comment

I'm not gonna be out until next weekend. hoping we get some rain. Loading my shells tonight. Also loading some Rhodesian Jungle loads as well for hogs.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I won't get to go out till next week when I come back from vacation

:-(

Comment

Got my limit even in the hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            Got my limit even in the hot weather.
            Yeah me too down in Hico before 9am. After that it was training the new bird dog. People who lost there dove we go find them, recovered all but two.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
              Yeah me too down in Hico before 9am. After that it was training the new bird dog. People who lost there dove we go find them, recovered all but two.
              Ive only lost 1 dove before and I hate doing it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Ive only lost 1 dove before and I hate doing it.
                In the 15 years I've been dove hunting I've lost more than I can count. Thats why I have a bird dog now. My dog would of found them two but I think the shooter has us in the wrong area. Where were in some thick brush and sunflower patches, it was hard to walk through.

Went and checked out a lease in Justin, only saw one bird in 3 hours.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Hunted today with some battery powered mojo decoys. Also had stationary on the fence.

All I can say is well worth it.

5 hunters all limited. It was neat to watch then try and mount the decoy haha.

Comment

What is your do e recipe.

Mine is simple. Olive oil, buttermilk, brown sugar,seasoned Bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      Hunted today with some battery powered mojo decoys. Also had stationary on the fence.

All I can say is well worth it.

5 hunters all limited. It was neat to watch then try and mount the decoy haha.
                      Where at?

Comment

I'm in nw Kansas.

Comment

bastage..

Comment

Working...
                          X