Inside or Outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside or Outside?

I'm looking at holsters and I can't decide whether an inside the pants would be better than outside? Do inside holsters make it more difficult to reach your firearm? I know they're going to make your pants tighter. Suggestions?

I would guess no.

IWB holsters leaves the weapon exposed enough to make is accessible.
    But then again, we are talking about concealed, correct?

David

Comment

For my style of dress, IWB works for me. With practice, I'm just as fast as my OWB friends with vests on presentation.

I carry OWB on the family ranch.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

What are you going to use the holster for? Around the house carry or concealed carry in public? At home I use a paddle holster unless the weather is cool and I can use a jacket or something long for concealment. I use a good IWB Holster (Comp-Tac) and a good belt for concealed carry. I've been buying my pants a size larger to accommodate my conceal carry for some time now. What gun is this for?

Comment

Yes, concealed in public. I'm looking at the Don Hume holster, to carry my Taurus 24/7 .40
          Last edited by Gaber; 02-28-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Personally I went with IWB for better concealment. Ended up going pocket carry though.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I use and Uncle Mikes IWB holster but, like you, didn't want to buy bigger pants so I just bought a bigger belt. I stick it between my belt and the outside of my pants/shorts instead of inside my pants/shorts.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Personally I went with IWB for better concealment. Ended up going pocket carry though.
                dont you know that the first company to make a pocket .45 that holds 6 rounds is going to make bank. I am not sure how they would do it, but it would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                  dont you know that the first company to make a pocket .45 that holds 6 rounds is going to make bank. I am not sure how they would do it, but it would be awesome.
                  Glock 36?

But if you're limiting yourself to 6 rounds, why wouldn't you go with .32 H&H Mag, or better yet, .327 Federal (or take 1 round out and go .357 Mag) in a revolver?
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                  X