Get the Hogs Outta Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the Hogs Outta Texas!

Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples today called upon all 254 Texas counties to participate in Hog Out Month - a statewide challenge to decrease the state's feral hog population. This challenge will coordinate various feral hog removal strategies implemented across the state into one statewide effort.
    It is estimated 2 million feral hogs live in Texas, causing hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage across the state each year. The statewide challenge, which kicks off Oct. 1 during Hog Out Month, will run through Dec. 31. Grants will be awarded to the five counties with the most hogs removed and highest participation in feral hog abatement programs. The deadline for counties to submit a notice of intent to participate is Sept. 30.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Alright, who has access to a helicopter? I'm IN!
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

A little pricey...

Comment

Damn I've been wanting to do this so bad there has got to be a cheaper helicopter hog hunt

Comment

Wow, that's crazy. I think it'd be fun, inhumane, but fun to shoot a shit ton of them from a helicopter lol.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

That helli hunt is awesome, a little pricey when you have to take their $350 class first, but awesome none the less.

More reason to get an optic on my AR.

On another note. What meat if any does a feral hog net you? Is it just to eraticate their population or is their a food value to the kill?
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I wish I had somewhere to go hunt hogs..
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                I wish I had somewhere to go hunt hogs..
                x2

Comment

There are a lot of people who are ready to get the hogs of the land. Problem is, land owners stand in the way. Cant tel you the number of times we've heard someone bitching about hogs tearing up their land and volunteered to hunt it. "oh uh, no..uh youll shoot my cows, ducks, house, etc.

Fuck em. If people really want the hogs gone they wont stir up the hunters, they should stir up the landowners.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    That helli hunt is awesome, a little pricey when you have to take their $350 class first, but awesome none the less.

More reason to get an optic on my AR.

On another note. What meat if any does a feral hog net you? Is it just to eraticate their population or is their a food value to the kill?
                    I've had two buddies gotten good hams, ribs and made sausage out of them.

But the point of this "hunt" is eradication.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I've shot pigs from a chopper twice now, it's freaking AWESOME and if anyone has the chance, DO IT!

I'm going to get a better camera the next time as well as start the camera a bit sooner in the shoot. I missed some good footage because I didnt have the damn camera on

Actions starts around the 1:20 mark on both videos

Helicopter Pig hunt from March, action starts 1:20 mark

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Here at Cedar Ridge Aviation, we offer helicopter hog hunting, aerial application, and are a part of the carbon sequestration program.

Check out this site. You can also search Cedar Ridge Aviation on youtube, some good videos on these guys.

As for cheap, that $475 an hour posted above is cheap, even with the safety course they're selling. Helicopters are EXPENSIVE to own and operate, so to make any money at all the prices are going to be high.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          What meat if any does a feral hog net you? Is it just to eraticate their population or is their a food value to the kill?
                          Smaller hogs are good eating.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                            Smaller hogs are good eating.
                            Smaller female hogs. My FIL traps them, but last year they weren't hungry due to the dry early winter allowing them easy access to food in the bottoms. He had three in his cage at once later in the winter. Two males that went to the ghetto (smell terrible) and a smaller female he kept/processed.

Comment

Fuck for under $500 for an hour? I am in, and I bet they do discounts for two. let me know if anyone finds anything reliable.
                              First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                              X