Texas Chl to Texas non-resident Chl conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Chl to Texas non-resident Chl conversion

Does anyone have any information on if or how I would convert my Texas CHL to a non-resident? I am looking at moving out of Texas to Virginia in the next couple months and would like to convert it if possible. I will be obtaining a VA Chl as well.

Thanks

I think the states of TX and VA have reciprocity with regard to CHLs, so if you're getting a VA CHL anyway after moving there there's no need to convert your TX CHL to non-resident status.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
      Does anyone have any information on if or how I would convert my Texas CHL to a non-resident? I am looking at moving out of Texas to Virginia in the next couple months and would like to convert it if possible. I will be obtaining a VA Chl as well.

Thanks
      Don't forget to APPLY to have your handguns in that state before you move there. If you don't do it before actually taking the guns there, you could be arrested for a felony. (I THINK its Virginia).

Comment

Damn Larry! Moving again?

Comment

Yeah Jose I am moving again but this time to a CHL state!

Unfortunately VA is not recognized by GA/MS or AL which I must cross whenever I come back to TX, at least with the route that I like.

Dacotua that is DC and the reason I will not be living in DC.

Comment

Working...
          X