Getting a CHL in Sacramento County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a CHL in Sacramento County

Apparently Sacramento county is one of the few coutines in Califonia that actually grants CHL licenses, which in and of itself is nuts, given that the permit is valid state eide, including counties that don't give them.

So cool, there's at least the opportunity to conceal and carry here, great. Until I found out the process... Other than the usual paperwork, you have to schedule a series of appointments with the sheriff's office, to come in and state your reason for the need to conceal, get fingerprinted, get a background check run by the CA and federal DOJ, shoot to qualify, and then wait for final approval and the license. Fine, not much different than other states. ...but wait (I mean literally). The earliest appointment available to even start the process is in June of 2012.

Aside from that, the whole shebang will cost almost $500. I understand that people are employed to take care of the various aspects of the process, who have to get paid, but $500 per person worth?!

It would be cheaper to fly home for a week, take the necessary course, and visit with family and friends.

Oh yeah, and the required training course is 16 hours, they want to make damn sure you want that permit.

Comment

I've seen folks spend $500 on the whole shebang in Texas. That wait is retarded, though. I like PA's process a ton, but not enough to live there.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Oh yeah, and the required training course is 16 hours, they want to make damn sure you want that permit.
        Sucks to be you. Glad I live in Texas where we don't have to justify why I want to carry a gun.

Comment

I'm surprised you're still there. I wouldn't move back there for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I'm surprised you're still there. I wouldn't move back there for anything.
            Gotta stack some paper before I head out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Gotta stack some paper before I head out.
              God speed

Comment

Working...
              X