So I just bought a safe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venix View Post
    How much was the safe, and what are the measurements?
    Paid right at $1500 for it after tax/install/delivery. Could have got another safe cheaper, but I wanted one with a digital key pad, but a manual override key. Which turns out is VERY hard to find.

Most of them with a key only "locks" the electronic pad or the roller combination lock.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Caldwell has a safe accessory company that makes great stuff.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have this:
        http://www.cannonsafe.com/options-ac...l-holster.html

I really like it; the holster are velcro so you can arrange them however you want; I keep my XDM in one of the holsters with a fully loaded 19 round mag and it has no problem holding the weight. The two other net pouches hold all my spare pistol magazines.

I have also seen people mount holsters by screwing into the drywall of the door, but I would recommend against that since they can't be moved. I can't tell you the number of times I have added ammo or rifles to my safe and had to move the handguns on the door around. I think I paid about $30 or $40 at Academy for it; totally worth the money.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
          Paid right at $1500 for it after tax/install/delivery. Could have got another safe cheaper, but I wanted one with a digital key pad, but a manual override key. Which turns out is VERY hard to find.

Most of them with a key only "locks" the electronic pad or the roller combination lock.
          What size is it? I am in the market, so I love to see what others have.

Comment

Went home last night to look at the holsters, was not sure what brand they were.
            This is what I have:
            Now more than ever, you need to ensure your guns & other valuables are stored safely. Browse all the gun safes, homes safe & more from Dean Safe Company!

Comment

Anybody ever used those "rifle rods" the video sure is convincing... Wonder how real world is though.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                Any advice on where to buy and best door accessory kit?

like this one...
                Well, seeing as I took the picture...I wouldn't complain if you bought it from me. :wink1:

Actually, you can't go far wrong with the Liberty aftermarket panels. They come in several sizes and work with many safes (not just Libertys.) People are very happy with them. Scroll down this page for a video of Mary going over the Liberty door organizer: Liberty safe door organizer video.

Anybody ever used those "rifle rods" the video sure is convincing... Wonder how real world is though.
                We just started carrying these relatively recently but we're hearing good things. They are a great way to increase a safe's capacity while protecting the finish on your guns. (And they do let you store considerably more rifles than the padded racks do.)

If you have questions on any safe accessories, or want to make sure if something's compatible, feel free to call me (or Jacque, Mary or Bo) at (800) 827-7534 Monday through Saturday.

(This is the full list of what we carry, and we can probably tell you anything you want to know about anything on this page: deansafe.com/gun-safe-accessories.html)

By the way, feel free to call even if you're not ready to buy. I know that it can take a bit of planning to get your safe just the way you want it.

John
                Last edited by John Dean; 08-30-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X