So I just bought a safe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just bought a safe...

Any advice on where to buy and best door accessory kit?

like this one...

Pictures of safe bought...

and of course I made sure there was a manual key override in case of an EMP event.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

My safe came with the door pockets, so I don't have any recommendations. Do you have anything to control the humidity? Does your safe have an outlet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
      My safe came with the door pockets, so I don't have any recommendations. Do you have anything to control the humidity? Does your safe have an outlet?
      I have the option to install an outlet, but everyone I talked to said as long as it stays inside the house I really don't need a dehumidifier.

I was looking at an American Security version of this safe with door pockets, but for an extra thousand dollars just for "lifetime warranty" and door pockets I really didn't see the point.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

Mine already had the pockets as well. Might want to look online at something like Cabellas or Galls maybe?

Comment

Subscribing
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I just use holsters with velcro on them instead of the huge, bulky pockets.

Comment

This is what American Security looks like...

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                This is what American Security looks like...

That looks good...

Comment

The one in your original post is better (I think). It holds more handguns and it has the large document pocket. My document pocket is lined with something to add an additional half hour fire rating on top of the safe's one hour rating. I use it to store my trust paperwork and other important documents. Something worth considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    I just use holsters with velcro on them instead of the huge, bulky pockets.
                    Does the velcro hold well?

I've seen these...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                      The one in your original post is better (I think). It holds more handguns and it has the large document pocket. My document pocket is lined with something to add an additional half hour fire rating on top of the safe's one hour rating. I use it to store my trust paperwork and other important documents. Something worth considering.
                      Yeah that one in the first post has a "Cool Pocket" and adds an additional 30 minutes.

My safe currently is rated for 60 minutes.

I was thinking about getting a smaller safe to install for cash only.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                          Does the velcro hold well?

I've seen these...

The top pic is dead on how it should look. The others looked way to cluttered for me.

The second pic is of the exact holsters I use. They are strong as hell, have no doubt they will hold anything that will fit in them..

Comment

I put my documents in a firebox at the bottom of the safe.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How much was the safe, and what are the measurements?

Comment

Working...
                              X