Finally got to the range...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to the range...

Well I finally got to the range saturday to shoot the rifle that I put together. Rifle shot great. Here's a pic of one of the three round groups that I did. Seemed like I'd get two great ones and then pull or push one off a little bit. But I think if I had a vise or something to stabilize the back of the gun better the groups would have been tighter. But regardless, I'm still pretty damn happy with it.

And the gun...

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Howa 1500 .308?
    i shot one a while ago and loved the stock, its very comfortable to shoot.

Comment

Yeah, it's in .308. The stock is a billet aluminum blackhawk piece. Actually Knoxx makes it, but blackhawk puts their name on it. Greatly reduces the recoil. I've got a couple of other things done to it as well, lol. But it's a great shooter. I couldn't be much happier with it.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

What distance?

Comment

1000 meters.

J/K 100 meters.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            1000 meters.

J/K 100 meters.

I already had my cursor on the bullshit smiley when I scrolled down.......

If that was at 1k meters, I was gonna kiss your a$$...

Comment

Nice group. Each line 1"?

Comment

Yeah, I wish I could have spent more time out there and got some solid 3 shot groups. The place that you have to shoot at if you want to shoot more than 25 yds is like 14 bucks an hour for 100 yds and down and 18 bucks for 200-300. So you end up spending more in range time than ammo, lol. And they have a 15 min SF every 25 or 30 mins.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

And yes, each line is 1 inch.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Can't be mad about that group!

I don't know where you live, but if you can make it up to Leonard, TX then I would recommend heading up to Top Gun Shooting Club so you can stretch it out to 500 yards. Great range and really laid back; I go up there every Thursday.

One of the guys I met there has really helped me shoot better. Here is his video that he made:

I am in the video (Mike w/the SPS Tactical) shooting the swingers at 500 yards. That was the first time shooting the swinging targets and only second time shooting at 500 yards.

Comment

0.8 MOA roughly? Nice group. My Savage 308 is a nice plinker but I really need to work on its potential and bed in the stock fully and get a heavier barrel for it.

Comment

Pretty cool. I'm out in VA beach so it's gonna be a while till I can get there, lol. I have a somewhat limited access to the old "blackwater" shooting facility. It's now called US Training Center. They have 1200 meter and down ranges. Might have to see about getting on those. And if I can, that's pretty much free for me, lol.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          0.8 MOA roughly? Nice group. My Savage 308 is a nice plinker but I really need to work on its potential and bed in the stock fully and get a heavier barrel for it.
                          Yeah, I really think with a good rest or vise I'd put all three touching. I've got it pillar mounted and I have a 2 lb Timney trigger. Hopefully I can get back out to do some more shooting soon. But also, .8 MOA isn't too bad, lol.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Mike K, The guy that made the video's name on the hide is dieselgeek. I have been trying to get back out there for awhile but work sucks. I am about to have a sps tac barrel with a brake for sale if you are interested.
                            "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
                            who vote for a living."

Comment

Originally posted by dmdakota View Post
                              Mike K, The guy that made the video's name on the hide is dieselgeek. I have been trying to get back out there for awhile but work sucks. I am about to have a sps tac barrel with a brake for sale if you are interested.
                              He must have the same screen name on AR15.com. Thanks for the offer, but I will be heading back to Afghanistan this weekend so I will be sticking with what I have for a while.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X