If you had $800 to spend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had $800 to spend...

If you had $800-$1000 for a new rifle and optics what would you buy?

I've been thinking about getting a new rifle for hunting(small animals)/recreational shooting.

I was thinking a Savage .22-250 paired with a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12 x 50.

That would put it +/- $700.

Thats hilarious because that is exactly what I would get. I almost picked up a used one a Cabelas a while back for $400 with a 4x12 scope. I remember it was nikon but not a buckmaster.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
      Thats hilarious because that is exactly what I would get. I almost picked up a used one a Cabelas a while back for $400 with a 4x12 scope. I remember it was nikon but not a buckmaster.
      Probably a Prostaff, the Monarch is a touch pricier.

I would do a little bigger round personally, like a 7mm-08 or .308 and a 3-9x40 or 4-12x50.

Comment

I have heard that these scopes are ok, for just what you are wanting. But pretty good deal, and well within your price range...

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

If I had around $800, and was going for a straight predator/small game gun I would go with the T/C Venture Predator in 22-250 With the Nikon Coyote. Has the same 5r rifled barrel as the Icon, and the action is butter smooth.

I was looking at the same setup and they were not released yet. Being impatient I went with the Howa Ranchland in 22-250 and could not be happier.

Small game I would stay with a smaller cal like a 204 or 22-250. I am comfortable enough with my 22-250 I would not hesitate to take a Whitetail with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            If I had around $800, and was going for a straight predator/small game gun I would go with the T/C Venture Predator in 22-250 With the Nikon Coyote. Has the same 5r rifled barrel as the Icon, and the action is butter smooth.

I was looking at the same setup and they were not released yet. Being impatient I went with the Howa Ranchland in 22-250 and could not be happier.

Small game I would stay with a smaller cal like a 204 or 22-250. I am comfortable enough with my 22-250 I would not hesitate to take a Whitetail with it.
            Shit I didn't read the entire post and missed the small game part. Yea stick with the 22-250

Comment

I'm not sure what the reserve on this rifle is, but what do you guys think?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=247018915

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I'm not sure what the reserve on this rifle is, but what do you guys think?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=247018915
                Think it would be way to heavy to field. Probably a decent bench rifle, but I would not want to hunt it.

Comment

I was at Dick's this weekend buying a safe and they had synthetic stock/SS barrel Remington 700s for $449.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X