Ruger Mark II/III, 22/45 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger Mark II/III, 22/45 owners

Just a quick question, did Ruger design these things to be some kind of sick joke on all gun owners out there? I mean FFS out of the 7 guns I took to the range I spent more time cleaning my single MkIII than the rest of my guns combined. Most ridiculous design ever, hell even the 10/22 is childs play compared to the MkIII. I love shooting 22 because its so cheap but damn cleaning this thing makes me wish I got a P22 (yea I know that all goes away once I get back to the range and realize I didn't buy a turd)...

/rant

a friend of mine has the 22/45 and hasn't had one issue

Comment

I never have any issues with mine either (mkII). What specific issue are you facing?

Comment

I have both and love them, yes cleaning sucks.

The only thing I have a problem getting over is the plastic magazines on the 22/45
        WRX

Comment

It can sometimes be hard to get the receiver off the frame, but other than that they're not bad to take apart after you've done it a time or two. I would agree that it's definitely not as easy as a lot of other guns though.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Just a quick question, did Ruger design these things to be some kind of sick joke on all gun owners out there? I mean FFS out of the 7 guns I took to the range I spent more time cleaning my single MkIII than the rest of my guns combined. Most ridiculous design ever, hell even the 10/22 is childs play compared to the MkIII. I love shooting 22 because its so cheap but damn cleaning this thing makes me wish I got a P22 (yea I know that all goes away once I get back to the range and realize I didn't buy a turd)...

/rant
            Yes, they are a gigantic pain in the ass to clean, primary reason why I don't recommend them to most people. I have 2 MKII's and I don't even clean them, I just oil them and run the barrel to avoid that cluster fuck.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Big pappa pump View Post
              a friend of mine has the 22/45 and hasn't had one issue
              Originally posted by WOMACK03 View Post
              I never have any issues with mine either (mkII). What specific issue are you facing?
              Its just all the little intricacies involved with the MkIII. I think it has to do with the magazine disconnect as well. Every other gun just seems way more straight forward, maybe its the MkIII specifically. I feel like you have to hold the gun down, while balancing on one foot, spin in circles, say the alphabet backwards and flap like a chicken while putting the mainspring housing in or getting the firing pin block to set right. Frustrating

Comment

Its just all the little intricacies involved with the MkIII. I think it has to do with the magazine disconnect as well. Every other gun just seems way more straight forward, maybe its the MkIII specifically. I feel like you have to hold the gun down, while balancing on one foot, spin in circles, say the alphabet backwards and flap like a chicken while putting the mainspring housing in or getting the firing pin block to set right. Frustrating
                You should have seen the MKII shaped hole I had in my garage wall a few years ago.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Still have not been able to take my MKII apart for a cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                    Still have not been able to take my MKII apart for a cleaning.
                    just dip it in some berryman chemtool.

Comment

Yeah, um, speaking of which. Anyone know where I can get a new lower receiver for a 22/45. Mine seems to have been "damaged". Doh!
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        I just oil them and run the barrel to avoid that cluster fuck.
                        Same here, I figure the gun is cheap enough if it ever takes a shit I'm not going to be that sad. I love shooting it though

Comment

I can take mine apart just fine. Putting it back together is a different story. LOL.

Comment

really? i mean it's a bit annoying to reassemble and i consult the manual just to be doubly sure but it's don't think cleaning takes that long.

EDIT: mines all stainless though so maybe that's the difference. that sucker just wipes right off.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                            X