Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    good answer ....

personally to me it is really about life or death type situations.. i'm sure there are CHL holders in the world that would shoot to "protect their property"
    My gun would be in my hand when I confront said thief. What happens next up to him. Hopefully he runs off.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Heres a question.....its 2am at your house...your dog starts barking and growling....you walk onto the patio inside your fenced yard and hear and notice a man walking between your house and the neighbors house with a small flashlight while talking on his cell phone...(the houses are incredibly close together..almost more like a crawl space between fences). He didn't see me but I clearly could see him. What would you do?
      Call cops. Watch him to see what he's doing. If he's walking to where I am ( that you neighbor? ). His answer and actions decideds next move.
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Long story short...when I lost my job in Austin my mother offered to let me move in with her because her husband was in the process of dying and she desperately needed the help and I needed a place to stay. Her next door neighbor operates a car repair shop out of his garage...and has people coming and going at all hours of the night. 4 nights ago a loud old Ford F250 Diesel parked in front of the house which I didn't recognize at 2am. My dog started growling and barking at the back door so I went to see what he was barking at. I guess the neighbor didn't know this person was coming over...the person didn't have a key..so he decided he would squeeze between the A/C unit and fence on the side of the house and walk around to the garage..while talking on his cellphone. I didn't draw down on the man....but I did have the phone in one hand and my pistol in the other while I watched to see what he was doing. If you saw the walkway between the houses you would understand why it wasn't a smart idea to do that at 2am....that side of the house has the central A/C unit and her bedroom window, with no light...great place for a thief to hide/break in. My heart was racing while I had various scenarios going thru my mind. Nothing happened. Shit like that gets people shot.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
          To take the chl coarse that is. Just wondering. I want this to happen yeah but want to know what all should fall in place before I take it.
          Getting a CHL does not mean you have to carry. I mostly use mine to streamline gun purchases. They do not have to do the phone call to background check you at a purchase if you have a CHL.

So get the CHL and then if you are still not comfortable, don't carry.
          2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
          2011 Harley Davidson F150
          2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Thats my thought. Easier purchase and if I go to sell something I always carry so at least I would be legal
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Thats my thought. Easier purchase and if I go to sell something I always carry so at least I would be legal
              Yeah, FTF buying always make me nervous.

Comment

Yup and most of mine are craigslist people. So the wife already doesn't like that haha. So I carry everytime
                I go for a sale or purchase
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  What are your concerns, if you have any?
                  Am I worried bout having to use it? I think everyone should be to a degree. Would I hesitate if its really needed ? no. It stays as legally close to me as it can be always. My main concern and really the reason for the thread is passing it. But You guys have all giving great info on the subject. I'm gonna have my wife get hers to. I should've loooong ago. Just figured it was hard as hell to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    Am I worried bout having to use it? I think everyone should be to a degree. Would I hesitate if its really needed ? no. It stays as legally close to me as it can be always. My main concern and really the reason for the thread is passing it. But You guys have all giving great info on the subject. I'm gonna have my wife get hers to. I should've loooong ago. Just figured it was hard as hell to get it.
                    I just took mine at the beginning of this month (waiting for background check to go through), and I had the same thoughts as you. The classes are almost like defensive driving classes when it comes to the test parts (at least the ones I've taken), where the instructor will key in on certain things that are on the test. And when it came down to test time, it was pretty much "open book". So passing the class is pretty much 100% pass rate. The main benefit from the class is knowing your legal rights and hearing the law in Layman's terms of when to use deadly force and in what situations to do so. If your main concern is being able to pass the class, that should be the least of your worries. Like many people said above, and my deciding factor to take the course was, are you willing to put yourself in the situation if need be and use deadly force within your rights, and living with yourself afterwards.

Comment

If your worried about passing the test I wouldn't my 5 yr old can pass the test

if your worried about the real world implications then maybe you should wait

Comment

Yup and most of mine are craigslist people. So the wife already doesn't like that haha. So I carry everytime
                        I go for a sale or purchase
                        I started carrying when I was making the night deposit for Radio Shack back in 95' (across from Red Bird Mall) when I was followed by 2 black men in a Mustang GT to the bank (they split when I drove to the the Dville Police Dept and started doing a burnout in the parking lot in my Supra). I ALWAYS carry when I meet people from Craigslist after all the news stories of people being robbed and murdered.

Comment

I'd never fired a gun before taking the test....everyone smirked when I didn't have my own gun and had to rent yet outshot most of them?

i usually just travel to/from work so I dont conceal carry too often but it makes buying guns easier

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                            I'd never fired a gun before taking the test....everyone smirked when I didn't have my own gun and had to rent yet outshot most of them?

i usually just travel to/from work so I dont conceal carry too often but it makes buying guns easier
                            I wasn't there, did you out shoot them?

Comment

Working...
                            X