Rem 870 for $239?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
    Even sucks more that Remington bought Marlin and their QC has gone through the shitter too.
    I went and played with a new 336 at the gun counter, they feel like a kids toy. The wood quality seems to be crap and the action doesn't feel as smooth as my old one.

It seems the new management put customer service in the crapper too. I couldn't even get a straight answer about my 1964 336 from anyone there.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      Hmm good to know. I have only had experience with an older one, probably close to 20 years old now so maybe thats where the difference is. Might have to hit the gun show next weekend to see if I can score an older Remington.
      I got my 70s vintage wingmaster used for $250. Just have to find the right deal.
      2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
      1990 GT Convertible

Comment

I think they make good shotguns, but their newer rifles are sub-par.

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
          I've got an 870 Wingmaster from the late 70s that I love and would recommend.
          This.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

So what year did they start falling down on their QC? I'm looking for a used one and not sure how old to look.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              So what year did they start falling down on their QC? I'm looking for a used one and not sure how old to look.
              I gotta be honest man, I've had 3 friends buy 870's in the last few months, and all of them have been fine. Ask Mr. Fiux, he bought one recently.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We've shot thousands of rounds through our 870s, with the extended magazine tube, at our gun range and they are used to qualify in the heat day and night. I haven't heard our staff complain about the 870 express and wouldn't hesitate in buying one, but I'm investing my money into an AR instead.

$239 is a good price.

Comment

My 870 is the fucking shit! It never jams and makes me feel like Duke Nukem. (Badass).
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I also love my 870.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Found a steal of a deal on a 20ga Wingmaster on THF, thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X