Rem 870 for $239?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rem 870 for $239?

Bass pro has the 870 Express in 12 or 20ga, 26 or 28" for $239 after a 10% discount for signing up for a Bass Pro card (just pay it right off) and a $30 MIR. Decent deal? I'm stuck out here not really near many gun shops so hard to tell for sure.

I THINK those normally run 300-400 new. I'd scoop it up.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I know Remington's site lists them for $383 MSRP, but typically I see manufacturers bloat their "list" prices

Comment

At $239 I would buy a couple.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I believe I paid $250 for mine in 2008. I have no idea what they are going for now but at that price I don't think I'd pass it up if you have the dough.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

They have been selling their bare bones 870's around this price recently.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's tuesday, and remington still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                What? Remington makes great shotguns. If they sucked the 870 would not be one of the most popular police shotguns in the world.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Any reason for this? I've never had any problems with the hundreds of rounds I've put through a heavily used one. I mean I guess I could go drop $1000 on a Benelli, but for shooting clays and a duck or two I have no need. If it fires/cycles reliably, has a huge aftermarket and following, and comes with a warranty, why pay more?

Comment

lol... the 870 is the best pump shotgun ever made? That's like saying the model T sucks.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've got an 870 Wingmaster from the late 70s that I love and would recommend. I'm not sure how much difference there is in the Wingmaster vs the Express
                      2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                      1990 GT Convertible

Comment

the 870 they had some issues with ejecting shells a few years ago

Comment

The 870 is a solid gun, however Remingtons ever decreasing ability to put out a consistently good product means that there are PLENTY of unhappy Remington owners since they were bought out by Cerberus.

I'd buy a nice Wingmaster at a gun show for 300$ before I would touch an 870 express.

Comment

The 870 is a solid gun, however Remingtons ever decreasing ability to put out a consistently good product means that there are PLENTY of unhappy Remington owners since they were bought out by Cerberus.

I'd buy a nice Wingmaster at a gun show for 300$ before I would touch an 870 express.
                            Even sucks more that Remington bought Marlin and their QC has gone through the shitter too.

Comment

Hmm good to know. I have only had experience with an older one, probably close to 20 years old now so maybe thats where the difference is. Might have to hit the gun show next weekend to see if I can score an older Remington.

Comment

Working...
                              X