.458 socom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .458 socom

Just finished my RRA .458 Socom, upper and lowers .458.. EOTec 512.A65,Magpul pop up front and rear sights, Timney triger,single point harness(condor) with QD.BCM gunfighter charging handle.....Magpul 4 position stock...

http://timneytriggers.com/index.php?...pper&Itemid=34 (sorry three finger, I had a few too many!)

Now to get ammo, LOL

Anyone have a hook-up for .458 socom ammo? Oh say 300gr+ will do.

Thx
    Randy
    Last edited by likeitfast55; 08-14-2011, 01:32 PM.

Hogs beware.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

This thread needs pics. I'd love to have a big bore AR, sounds like lots of fun.
      IMG_0424

Comment

They're fun to shoot. Ammo is just insane in pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          Just finished my RRA .458 Socom, upper and lowers .458.. EOTec 512.A65,Magpul pop up front and rear sights, Timmy triger,single point harness(condor) with QD.BCM gunfighter charging handle.....Magpul 4 position stock...

Now to get ammo, LOL

Thx
          Randy
          Timmy trigger!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            Just finished my RRA .458 Socom, upper and lowers .458.. EOTec 512.A65,Magpul pop up front and rear sights, Timmy triger,single point harness(condor) with QD.BCM gunfighter charging handle.....Magpul 4 position stock...

Now to get ammo, LOL

Thx
            Randy
            You better start reloading, that's all I can say, lol. I don't know how anyone could own one of those and get any real trigger time buying ammo at stores.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would rather have a .460 S&W ar, or 45-70

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                I would rather have a .460 S&W ar, or 45-70
                go man. go 45-90.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

45-120

Comment

Why bother? 45-70 is dirt cheap, brass is everywhere and has a million loading options.

Comment

Why bother? 45-70 is dirt cheap, brass is everywhere and has a million loading options.
                      manliness.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        manliness.
                        There aren't any guns chambered in 45-90 that are strong enough to use smokeless powder to it's full potential.

Comment

There aren't any guns chambered in 45-90 that are strong enough to use smokeless powder to it's full potential.
                          Oh sure there are, there are many .45-90 express weapons, it will put a substantial hurt on you compared to a .45-70. I fired a full power .45-90 round in a Marlin 336 and it was pretty exciting. 4,300ft lbs of energy delivery... unbelievable.
                          Last edited by CJ; 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Oh sure there are, there are many .45-90 express weapons, it will put a substantial hurt on you compared to a .45-70. I fired a full power .45-90 round in a Marlin 336 and it was pretty exciting. 4,300ft lbs of energy delivery... unbelievable.
                            holy... shit... lol that sounds like a crazy ride. I like my 30-30's kick just fine thank you haha. There was some guy with a .45-90 at the range last weekend, was a single shot rifle, he got it so he could use it in muzzleloader season out here (apparently they allow single shot rifles as well). Barrel must have been 30" long and it kicked like a fucking mule.

Comment

Really? Do you mean a marlin 1895 with a re drilled chamber? I haven't seen a single 45-90 designed around smokeless powder.

Comment

Working...
                              X