Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with me? CC a .38 revolver and liked it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Here is the ammo I carry. It's discontinued, but damn good stuff.

Its the 125gn Hi-Shock Federal .38+P. Look at the size of the hollow point:

(This is actually the .357 Magnum version, but you get the idea.)

Nice "old school" round. Does it seem like more ammo manufacturers are going away from lead rounds for defensive purposes? The Winchester PDX was the first "metal" hollow point I've had in a .38 Special.

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Jose its an old Taurus 38 special. Its a cheap gun but it was free. I keep it under the mattress.
    Any idea what the model is?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      1" barrel? Seriously?
      Maybe it will go 1.5", but I'm doubting it. Looks like this one:

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I know the Ruger LCP is like 1.8" or so, it's shorter than 2" when I saw the specs the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Any idea what the model is?
          Its one of the first imported guns made by Taurus apparently in Brazil. It was sold under the name Spesco out of Georgia. It is a Spesco Taurus Falcon .38 SPL with a 6" barrel. It is a dead knockoff of the Smith & Wesson police special.
          I was going to take a good pic of it but I am apparently not in the know of how to post a pic that uses 19.5kb that anyone can actually see. 19.5kb? really?

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
            Maybe it will go 1.5", but I'm doubting it. Looks like this one:

http://www.gunlistings.org/montana-g..._nose_revolver
            Remember the barrel extends all the way to the cylinder.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Its one of the first imported guns made by Taurus apparently in Brazil. It was sold under the name Spesco out of Georgia. It is a Spesco Taurus Falcon .38 SPL with a 6" barrel. It is a dead knockoff of the Smith & Wesson police special.
              I was going to take a good pic of it but I am apparently not in the know of how to post a pic that uses 19.5kb that anyone can actually see. 19.5kb? really?
              Will it not post a picture of that size?? Is it to big for an attachment?? Not sure what to tell you but the Winchester PDX rounds I bought are not +P's and I'm comfortable carrying them. 6" barrel should give you a little more velocity to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Nice "old school" round. Does it seem like more ammo manufacturers are going away from lead rounds for defensive purposes? The Winchester PDX was the first "metal" hollow point I've had in a .38 Special.
                AFAIK, they are mostly still using a lead core. Lead is soft and expands greatly, both of what you want in a defense round. You DO NOT want the round to overpenetrate and possibly cause unintended damage. You want the round to stay in the target and cause as much damage as possible (transfer all of the energy).

We are still issued Speer Gold Dot and it has a copper jacket around a lead core.

It's funny, because most manufacturers are using the same train of thought that was started by the dreaded "Black Talons"... LMAO.

Comment

Upload it to here: http://tinypic.com/ and then copy/paste the [img][/img] link here.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    AFAIK, they are mostly still using a lead core. Lead is soft and expands greatly, both of what you want in a defense round. You DO NOT want the round to overpenetrate and possibly cause unintended damage. You want the round to stay in the target and cause as much damage as possible (transfer all of the energy).

We are still issued Speer Gold Dot and it has a copper jacket around a lead core.

It's funny, because most manufacturers are using the same train of thought that was started by the dreaded "Black Talons"... LMAO.
                    My understanding is that gold dots are some of the best defensive rounds out there.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                    X