16" vs 20" ar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
    Cool didn't think i did. Think i'll give it a go without it.
    order it! i went standard bull also.

i've already spent $1500 more on guns this month then i planned on.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Got the rifle kit in yesterday. I really like the look and feel of the upper despite being fairly heavy. i love that barrel though.

the stock is pretty cheap and im looking for a nice replacement for that soon. the pistol grip of course is a throw away part.

WELL, the lower parts kit it came with is garbage. a true pile of shit. turns out my friend who bought it had very similar issues, all but issue #4

1st issue, everything is super greasy, not a huge issue but annoying enough.

2nd, the bolt catch buffer didn't fit into the hole. i tried another lower as well. either i had to buy a new bolt catch buffer or modify. i had to lightly drill the hole. it was a very tiny amount of material but after that, it worked fine.

3rd, both take down pins are awful. they must engulf the pointed on the detent, essentially locking the pins in open or close. to even get them to budge, they had to be tapped with a mallet to release. i took it apart several times to make sure nothing was put in wrong or upside down. now they function but only bc the detents have been rounded off a bit. not cool.

4th, the worst. after i finished the lower, i dry fired. i know thats not recommended but i did it to my last 2 dpms lower parts kits no issues at all. on the 1st dry fire, the bolt catch release cracks and sails across the room.

so now i'm going to order another LPK and scrap everything this one came with. i just dont trust it.

www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Man, there are a whole bunch of guns out there that take AR mags and eat up 223. Next time you are back, you are welcome to take some of my stuff out to the range.
        Why would he want to shoot any of your smoggy shit???

J/K homie.

Comment

Is that the same parts kit we got in the group buy?
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            Is that the same parts kit we got in the group buy?
            no that's a dpms parts kit. those two had no issues whatsoever, only took like 20 mins to put together.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That's a big relief.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                Got the rifle kit in yesterday. I really like the look and feel of the upper despite being fairly heavy. i love that barrel though.

the stock is pretty cheap and im looking for a nice replacement for that soon. the pistol grip of course is a throw away part.

WELL, the lower parts kit it came with is garbage. a true pile of shit. turns out my friend who bought it had very similar issues, all but issue #4

1st issue, everything is super greasy, not a huge issue but annoying enough.

2nd, the bolt catch buffer didn't fit into the hole. i tried another lower as well. either i had to buy a new bolt catch buffer or modify. i had to lightly drill the hole. it was a very tiny amount of material but after that, it worked fine.

3rd, both take down pins are awful. they must engulf the pointed on the detent, essentially locking the pins in open or close. to even get them to budge, they had to be tapped with a mallet to release. i took it apart several times to make sure nothing was put in wrong or upside down. now they function but only bc the detents have been rounded off a bit. not cool.

4th, the worst. after i finished the lower, i dry fired. i know thats not recommended but i did it to my last 2 dpms lower parts kits no issues at all. on the 1st dry fire, the bolt catch release cracks and sails across the room.

so now i'm going to order another LPK and scrap everything this one came with. i just dont trust it.
                Geez mo, never heard of so many damn problems.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ffRich54 View Post
                  Hmmmm.... I has key to river lease.....

Hmmmm So do I. I wonder how many people on here have the same keys?

Comment

Working...
                  X