No announcement yet.

Foam for Pelican case -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the record... you really dont need all that crap and money to build a hot wire.

I used welding wire, 2x4 scraps, 2 bolts and a battery charger and it worked fine. It did stretch the wire a bit. You can use floral wire from you local hobby shop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      for the record... you really dont need all that crap and money to build a hot wire.

I used welding wire, 2x4 scraps, 2 bolts and a battery charger and it worked fine. It did stretch the wire a bit. You can use floral wire from you local hobby shop as well.
      Right, all you really need is a hot wire.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Right, all you really need is a hot wire.
        yep... battery charger works great. Even if you build a table...dont need all that equipment to make one. The table would allow for a great cut. Im just trying to help people save some money. You can build all the table and what not out of scrap wood...skip all the electric stuff by using a battery charger which just about everyone has.

Comment

yep... battery charger works great. Even if you build a table...dont need all that equipment to make one. The table would allow for a great cut. Im just trying to help people save some money. You can build all the table and what not out of scrap wood...skip all the electric stuff by using a battery charger which just about everyone has.
          I assume you mean a 12v DC car charger? Did you set it to 6v 2amp or something?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

but i think it would be very unstable that way. i can build this and use it more often at work for other plastics i cut.

Comment

Good to know and really a good thread. Considering it is dfwmustangs and all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                but i think it would be very unstable that way. i can build this and use it more often at work for other plastics i cut.
                it's entirely how often you plan on using it, and how much time you take to construct it.

Comment

hacks saw, thin gauge wire, surge protector, extension cord, Electric fence insulator

Comment

wire, hands, no ability to feel pain, will power.

Comment

If you're looking for the actual case for your AR...

Comment

How much is everyone spending on the supplies to make their own hot wire cutter. $36 (from memory) on Amazon.com gets you one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                          How much is everyone spending on the supplies to make their own hot wire cutter. $36 (from memory) on Amazon.com gets you one too.
                          I am sure I have less than $20 in mine for the hard parts. I have plenty of wood laying around.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

if you havent cut the foam yet, you should totally this this method:
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                              all the info you need is here...
                              http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/292...f_photos_.html

use Ni-Chrome wire

cheap to make
                              That's nice. Fairly simple too.

David

Comment

I've finally got everything together now just need to hook it up and cut it out

Comment

Working...
                                X