Foam for Pelican case -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I just don't get why this is so hard for you guys, it's pretty damn easy to cut foam.
    I would normally agree, but I don't have a lot of time at home. It would be neat to build something to do the job (like the one on AR15.com), but I don't want to 'waste' a day scrounging the resources and building the cutter.

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    I used an electric carving knife, and is what Pelican suggests using. Just lay everything out on the foam, outline with chalk, and cut away....

That came out great!

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I'd love a pelican case, just too damn expensive!
    I agree, but I got mine free otherwise I don't think I would have forked over the money for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
      I would normally agree, but I don't have a lot of time at home. It would be neat to build something to do the job (like the one on AR15.com), but I don't want to 'waste' a day scrounging the resources and building the cutter.

That came out great!

I agree, but I got mine free otherwise I don't think I would have forked over the money for one.
      Mike, I have all the parts to build a cutter and plan on building one anyways. If you want to borrow it when I am done I am okay with that.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Mike, I have all the parts to build a cutter and plan on building one anyways. If you want to borrow it when I am done I am okay with that.
        That sounds good. I will have the foam in a couple of days, so next time I am home on vacation I will hit you up. Thanks, by the way! I hope to have a silencer (suppressor?) by then I can foam in too.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Take the gun, accessories that you want in the case and foam to quality cases in richardson. They do Badass work and have killer prices.
          Any idea on a price? I've got a pelican case and the foam is jacked up on it and needs to be replaced and recut. Just looking for a simple cut out of the rifle and a spot for two boxes of .308 ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Any idea on a price? I've got a pelican case and the foam is jacked up on it and needs to be replaced and recut. Just looking for a simple cut out of the rifle and a spot for two boxes of .308 ammo.
            Call them. Lots of options...

Comment

All of my cases are either cheap Plano or just soft cases. I haven't had the need for a hard case until I had to check my ANVIII 1911 on my flight, got one of the small Pelican cases and cut the foam to fit. Damn they are high quality. If you need to be able to do an "egg drop test" with your firearm, Pelican is probably your best bet. But for toting my guns to and from the range, I just use wallets and sleeves.

Comment

Yeah I'm needing a large rifle case for my 24" AR - if anyone is selling. All I ever see on CL are cubes and small deep boxes, which are not very useful to me.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The quote i got from quality cases today was $300

$150 for foam cutout and $150 for Scanning and layout with a sample cutout

most definately priced for several cases that have the same exact layout not for the custom user with one case.

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post

most definately priced for several cases that have the same exact layout not for the custom user with one case.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post

wait, so $150 for layout, $150 for cutting.

does that include case and foam?
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                        wait, so $150 for layout, $150 for cutting.

does that include case and foam?
                        includes 1 layer of foam and no case, that was with my case 1750 pelican with foam in the case

Comment

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Comment

i thought so too, i saw that and imediately started looking for parts to build a hot wire cutter

Comment

lmfao!
                              $150 for cutting foam!

just for reference, i had a ruined 17" rim fixed for $150. the wheel looked trashed. $150 later it came back brand new better than the other 3.

but this is $150 to cut some foam.

new business plan.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

ive already ordered the nichrome wire, brass rod, and now i just need to get a couple of items from home depot, should be able to build it for $50 or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X