Foam for Pelican case -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam for Pelican case -

I have a Pelican im3200 case, but most of the foam is missing from the inside. The foam kit from Pelican comes with the foam that you have to cut. How do you recommended to cut the foam so that it looks good? I don't want to go in there with box cutters and have it turn out like a hack job. The case is going to be used as a dedicated case for my Remington 700.

some people say electric knifes.

you can try this method using using spray foam:
    line the case with a trash bag.
    spray and let rise to height.
    put a bag over the top.
    press gun in place while it's not fully cured to imprint.
    after it's dry you can apply a soft fabric over the foam.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

im cutting mine for my remington 700 tonight with a long exacto knife, we'll see how it comes out. i got a pelican 1750 yesterday

Comment

Again talk to gat0r, he built his own electric wire knife to cut these out. His look awesome.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Again talk to gat0r, he built his own electric wire knife to cut these out. His look awesome.
          This. I have all the electrical components to make a hot wire cutter but just have not got around to it. I may do it this trip home. Search on AR15.com there is a great thread on it.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

look on the old site I put up a how to on this exact question

Comment

Take the gun, accessories that you want in the case and foam to quality cases in richardson. They do Badass work and have killer prices.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                Take the gun, accessories that you want in the case and foam to quality cases in richardson. They do Badass work and have killer prices.
                Say wha? Who is this you speak of? I would much rather not have to dick with putting my hot wire cutter together if I don't have to. I have a couple cases I need cut.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Say wha? Who is this you speak of? I would much rather not have to dick with putting my hot wire cutter together if I don't have to. I have a couple cases I need cut.
                  Adam speaks the truth. They do very good work and can cover just about any need. My dad had them do a couple of cases to put his camera gear in for when he's traveling.

Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Adam speaks the truth. They do very good work and can cover just about any need. My dad had them do a couple of cases to put his camera gear in for when he's traveling.

http://shop.qualitycases.com
                    Do you know what their turn around is?

Comment

very fast. they are top notch

Comment

To be honest it really depends on if you need a case, just the case insert, just a single insert or multiple inserts, and how much custom work has to be done to the insert(s). My dad had 2 medium size pelican cases done and they had one case done in 5 weeks time and the other in 3 weeks time. You really have to get in there and talk to them as every job is going to be different.
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I just don't get why this is so hard for you guys, it's pretty damn easy to cut foam.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I just don't get why this is so hard for you guys, it's pretty damn easy to cut foam.
                            I'm not supposed to play with anything that's sharp...

Comment

I used an electric carving knife, and is what Pelican suggests using. Just lay everything out on the foam, outline with chalk, and cut away....

Comment

Working...
                              X