Electronic Earmuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Earmuffs

All the selections and the price range, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Anyone have experience with these? The woman is coming down to visit and we'll probably hit the range several times, but I only have one pair of earmuffs and I have wanted to get some of these for a while now. Anything to look for or avoid?

i only have experience w/ Peltor Tac 6s & 7s
    they are both great

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
      i only have experience w/ Peltor Tac 6s & 7s
      they are both great
      Anything else you can offer other than that? How is the comfort? Do they cramp your ears after a short while? How are the ear seals? Good noise reduction vs standard earmuffs?

Comment

I like my cheapo caldwells. I got them for my girlfriend and buddy and they dig them a lot too. The only thing I dont like, is if you turn the volume up, they hiss some. It's not a big deal at all, but I guess that's where the more expensive muffs come in. These are $30 at the most. Oh, and batteries last a real long time.
        IMG_0424

Comment

Caldwells here - very soft, but the headband is a bit wide. Wind can be a problem, but i think thats for any amped headphone. I just flip it around since they are more inline rather than jutting out. Definately one of my better purchases. Would love to mind some slimline versions that will allow me to get tighter into the stock though.

Comment

I have Caldwells & Howard Leights. I prefer the Leights to the Caldwells. They are more comfortable and more compact.

Comment

I've heard great things about the Peltors (sp?), but I have a set of the cheap Caldwells. To me it's night and day difference between them and standard hearing protection. (buds, muffs...etc) It seems to protect as well as muffs, but so much easier to hear normal talking around you.

I bought mine from ballisticreload for under 20 I think or right at it. They are not the low profile ones and I can at least shoot my rifles at the range no problems.

Also works well with screaming, pissed off and tired kids.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I like the peltor tac 6. Just because they're fairly slim line.

Comment

Yea I saw the Caldwells but basically ruled them out because they are no smaller than normal. I like the Howard Leight slim ones but they almost seem too good to be true for the price. Either that or Peltor is too damn proud of their product...

Comment

The Harbor Freight $20 have worked great for me. I also have the Ryobi set I really like. It amplifies voice.

Comment

I agree with Frank on the Ryobi rechargeable headsets. They are not made specifically for shooting but they work fantastic for what they cost. I can't bring myself to buying a pair of Golden Ears but would love to hear from someone who has some. Also the Ryobi only works with pistols because they are way too fat for rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                        Yea I saw the Caldwells but basically ruled them out because they are no smaller than normal. I like the Howard Leight slim ones but they almost seem too good to be true for the price. Either that or Peltor is too damn proud of their product...

For the price the Howard Leight slims are great. If your patient you can find them on sale every once in a while...

My son & I use the Leights & the Caldwells are for quests.

Comment

I have the HL and love them.
                          They have an aux input that I can connect my iPod to in the deer stand and it does not cancel out the amplified mic.

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

Another for the Caldwell. I have this pair:

My only gripe is when the wind hits right on the mic, all you hear is wind on the mic.

I have a friend that swears by the Peltor TacSport, but I've never used them.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

When things go bump in the night I grab my M1a, armour, and a set of Peltor 7s. The Peltors are worth every cent.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X