Shooting for the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Try hunting wild boars with dogs. Then wrestle that nasty SOB and stick it with a knife. That may be up your alley steve. Give me a shout and I'll take you one evening this fall.

Travis
    Havent tried that yet. Im in.

All kiddin aside, I'm glad you have found the Texan way with fire arms. There are soooo many sports involving them, and its the Texas way of defending your home.

And believe it or not...Martial arts have played a great roll in your shooting abilities. Props!
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      Havent tried that yet. Im in.

All kiddin aside, I'm glad you have found the Texan way with fire arms. There are soooo many sports involving them, and its the Texas way of defending your home.

And believe it or not...Martial arts have played a great roll in your shooting abilities. Props!
      Yup, great hand to eye coordination.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Yup, great hand to eye coordination.
        That and the meditational balance and breathing...chi
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
          Missed that part. Take her shooting some more.
          Its been my experience with women that after they gained familiarity with guns and confidence with their shooting skills they get into guns.

Not afraid of kick huh? Be careful about that. Someone may let you punnish your shoulder with an old bolt action surplus rifle with a metal buttplate....and they aren't even the worse.
          lol

I was just about to offer a few rounds with my 8mm Mauser. A box-o 20 rnds of that will make you bring out the Asper-cream.

Also Steve, I enjoyed your story and would also add that the .40 you didn't like might have had a shorter barrel length which would add to the kick. Also, some hand guns have shorter grips and can add to the discomfort, having your bottom two fingers or so, not touching the grip.

I'll shoot my daughters 380 and will notice a kick not far off from my .45, with the difference [other than caliber] is that hers is a short 3" barrel and mine is a full size with a 5" barrel.

Keep shooting man, find what feels good in your hand and get comfortable with it.

David

edit: just read Womacks post on the SW.40 being small framed gun.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
            My invite got lost in mail...
            You know you are always welcome.
            I didn't know you were a gun guy.

Comment

Originally posted by WOMACK03 View Post
              You know you are always welcome.
              I didn't know you were a gun guy.
              He doesn't like recoil. He's not a gun guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                He doesn't like recoil. He's not a gun guy.
                What do you know about recoil?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Take a nagant carbine with the steel butplate on it next time you go. That will put paid to any hard hitting ar ideas.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X