Top Gun Shooting Club (Leonard, TX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gun Shooting Club (Leonard, TX)

Has anybody shot at this place before? It is not on our master gun list. My brother and I are thinking about going there Friday morning. I have never shot past 100 yards and figured I would give it a try. I would also like to try out my new XDm compact and get some range time in general before I go back to Afghanistan.

I emailed Ralph (Ralph's Range in Sherman, TX) and he is still closed.

-Mike

Yea, I talked to Ralph on the phone just the other day, he said that the closure is indefinite at this point, due to some legal issues.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
      Yea, I talked to Ralph on the phone just the other day, he said that the closure is indefinite at this point, due to some legal issues.
      I was doing some reading on AR15.com where Ralph signed on to post a single update, but that was a year ago. I was hoping that everything was resolved by now. A real shame that he had to close down. I wish I could find another place like it.

Comment

Buddy of mine told me about a month ago they just opened up? Told me it was a drive but it was a good place to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
          I was doing some reading on AR15.com where Ralph signed on to post a single update, but that was a year ago. I was hoping that everything was resolved by now. A real shame that he had to close down. I wish I could find another place like it.

incoming incoming incoming

When you get home you should give Shoot Smart a chance. Cool place, cool staff, and the older dudes give us military discount.

When are you getting to the house next? I will be home on Sept 6 for 21 days of job hunting.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            incoming incoming incoming

When you get home you should give Shoot Smart a chance. Cool place, cool staff, and the older dudes give us military discount.

When are you getting to the house next? I will be home on Sept 6 for 21 days of job hunting.
            lol!! thanks for the reminder! We had one come in and hit a guy's living container, but he was on vacation. That was only 30 feet or so away from my office, so it was a real eye opener.

Don't know when I will be home next. I just did all the medical and dental stuff for a new job and I am scheduled for CRC Aug 20th. I have to email my current company with my resignation letter. I don't even know what the new company's vacation policy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              lol!! thanks for the reminder! We had one come in and hit a guy's living container, but he was on vacation. That was only 30 feet or so away from my office, so it was a real eye opener.

Don't know when I will be home next. I just did all the medical and dental stuff for a new job and I am scheduled for CRC Aug 20th. I have to email my current company with my resignation letter. I don't even know what the new company's vacation policy is.
              Yep, and then some now a days.

Good luck with the new contract. My yearly MOD10 physical is in September in Dubai. I am shooting for BP problems (by not taking my meds) so they will put me on medical hold until I get it worked out with my primary care physician back home and meds (which I already have). Should take right at 45 days. lol
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Just letting everyone know I went to Top Gun Shooting Range today and really liked it. The guy basically put the range on his own land. There were 3 or 4 benches for rifles (2 people per bench) and another area for prone with what looked like turf grass. Rifle ranges set up for 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. You have to qualify for each distance, but that is explained on his website. There was a small spot for handguns, nothing major though. It was primarily for people who wanted to let their rifle barrel cool down.

The guy that owns the place and the guy that was acting as a range officer are really nice. I forgot to take pictures to give everyone an idea of what it looked like. I might go again this Thursday and will see if I can't remember to take a few pictures.

This was the third time I have shot my Remington 700 (yesterday at Garland Public Shooting Range was my second time) and my first time going past 100 yards. I didn't have a problem qualifying up to 300 yards. I also played around with my AR-15 and AK. I can't wait to go back!

Comment

It is a nice place, I've qualified out to 500 both trips with my ar-10 and a friends ar-10. Another friend has a dpms lar-10, he's also the guy that built all the swinging steel targets. He shot one of the golf balls at 500 yards on my first trip there with his dpms. It is a nice place to shoot with a friendly staff.

Comment

Working...
                  X