Just purchased an Anza knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased an Anza knife

Was walking around Frederickberg this last weekend went into a store that had some great looking knives. My girlfriend who is a leatherworker commented that they were Anza.

I hadn't ever heard of them but purchased one on her reccomendation, the skinny is that Charlie Davis founded Anza in 1980 using files for their Hi-Carbon content needless to say this damn thing is the most awesome knife I have ever had, just wondered if anyone else has ever owned one.
    2010 Ford SVT Raptor
    2007 Saleen S281-SC
    1998 BMW M Roadster
    1961 Ford F100

pics?

Comment

File knives are cool, but be careful with them. Sometimes they aren't annealed right, so they're brittle. That said, no amount of annealing can make them what they're not, which is the right steel for a knife. They always look really good and hold a great edge, though. Just don't do any prying, scraping, or chipping with it, and make your girlfriend give you a leather strop for it. I'm in for pics, as well.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yale, right on about the brittleness I was curious so I called Anza and got in touch with Charlie Davis the owner, hell I was shocked that he answered his own phone. On their home page they have a video that demonstrates one of their files after tempering or as you put it it was annealed. I'll see what i can do about pics.
        2010 Ford SVT Raptor
        2007 Saleen S281-SC
        1998 BMW M Roadster
        1961 Ford F100

Comment

knife.JPG

Sorry for the poor quality
          2010 Ford SVT Raptor
          2007 Saleen S281-SC
          1998 BMW M Roadster
          1961 Ford F100

Comment

Hell yeah!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

here is my collection! (Sorry for the poor quality)

Comment

Scootro

Nice! Why the fuck haven't you been on here before with these things!?

I love this knife I can see a new habit developing soon!

Nice collection! mine is an Anza 11
                2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                2007 Saleen S281-SC
                1998 BMW M Roadster
                1961 Ford F100

Comment

Originally posted by RedPony07 View Post
                  Scootro

Nice! Why the fuck haven't you been on here before with these things!?

I love this knife I can see a new habit developing soon!

Nice collection! mine is an Anza 11
                  Sorry I was being a smart ass because of your tiny pic! lol.. but I do love those knives. Everyone collects guns on here but I have a knife habit.

At Silver Dollar City in Branson Missouri they a knife maker that makes some of the sharpest and highest quality Anza's I have ever seen plus alot of other styles of knives!

Comment

Yep the gf went to Yellowstone and took the camera, I don't know if the term is widely used but Anza is the name brand for knives made by Charlie Davis who owns Anza knives.

Is it a term to describe all file based knives?
                    2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                    2007 Saleen S281-SC
                    1998 BMW M Roadster
                    1961 Ford F100

Comment

We have a knife in the shop made from a file. My grandfather made it. It's ugly as sin but its a damn good knife .

Comment

Originally posted by RedPony07 View Post
                        Yep the gf went to Yellowstone and took the camera, I don't know if the term is widely used but Anza is the name brand for knives made by Charlie Davis who owns Anza knives.

Is it a term to describe all file based knives?
                        yea i believe everyone copies his stuff! lol..

Comment

Working...
                        X