Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want one of these; any first-hand experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one of these; any first-hand experience?

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. It's a 9mm, but will supposedly be offered in .40 cal. in the fall or shortly thereafter. Also torn on which caliber to buy.

At that price, buy a Kahr PM9 or PM40... They are awesome conceal carry guns.

Comment

my wife has the full size in 9mm. and i believe geor has one as well. his might be the subcompact. maybe he will chime in. great guns, the wife loves hers, but me being the glock nutswinger i am i am trying to convert her.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        my wife has the full size in 9mm. and i believe geor has one as well. his might be the subcompact. maybe he will chime in. great guns, the wife loves hers, but me being the glock nutswinger i am i am trying to convert her.

god bless.
        Come on, bro... get the girl on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4-storm-compact/

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact. It's a 9mm, but will supposedly be offered in .40 cal. in the fall or shortly thereafter. Also torn on which caliber to buy.
          I've got the full size in 9mm, I love it. I am guessing since you picked out the compact that you are going to try to carry this?

I would get the 9mm, but I don't have anything bad to say about the .40. I believe 9mm is a little cheaper, so if you plan on shooting at the range a lot that is a consideration. Also, if you already have another gun chambered in 9mm or .40 I like to try to stick to a caliber for simplicity's sake.

Check the classifieds here, you might find a good deal http://www.berettaforum.net/, also lots of good info over there.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            I've got the full size in 9mm, I love it. I am guessing since you picked out the compact that you are going to try to carry this?

I would get the 9mm, but I don't have anything bad to say about the .40. I believe 9mm is a little cheaper, so if you plan on shooting at the range a lot that is a consideration. Also, if you already have another gun chambered in 9mm or .40 I like to try to stick to a caliber for simplicity's sake.

Check the classifieds here, you might find a good deal http://www.berettaforum.net/, also lots of good info over there.
            Thanks for the advice. It will eventually be a CCW. The reason I'm gravitating towards the compact is that it has an ambidextrous slide release (I'm a lefty), it has all of the features of the full-frame in a lighter package, and it supposedly actually has less recoil than the full frame due to some newer technology in it.

Comment

it has a rotating barell for less felt recoil.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                it has a rotating barell for less felt recoil.

god bless.
                I shot a full size one over at Great Southwest a couple months back and it definitely feels different than anything I've ever shot. I only put 20 rounds through it so I'd need more time to tell you if I really like it or not.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  Thanks for the advice. It will eventually be a CCW. The reason I'm gravitating towards the compact is that it has an ambidextrous slide release (I'm a lefty), it has all of the features of the full-frame in a lighter package, and it supposedly actually has less recoil than the full frame due to some newer technology in it.
                  I noticed the ambidextrous slide release. I guess it's a good idea and i'm sure it is great for lefty's, but on a carry gun I would rather have a slide release only on the side I use it. On my PX4 the slide release isn't exactly a thin lever, last thing I want is unnecessary bulk.

Well good luck on your purchase. Not sure how many guns you have purchased, but go to a gun show or buy one from an individual if you can. Academy always has these and they are way overpriced.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                    I noticed the ambidextrous slide release. I guess it's a good idea and i'm sure it is great for lefty's, but on a carry gun I would rather have a slide release only on the side I use it. On my PX4 the slide release isn't exactly a thin lever, last thing I want is unnecessary bulk.

Well good luck on your purchase. Not sure how many guns you have purchased, but go to a gun show or buy one from an individual if you can. Academy always has these and they are way overpriced.
                    This will be my first handgun, and I will be looking for an individual or gun show opportunity, there's no way I'm paying 600 dollars for it.

Comment

There's a bunch of them between $450 - $550 on gunbroker right now.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Rent one at a range and have your own first hand experience.

Comment

I agree, I would rent/borrow one before I settled on buying it for a first ccw. Pistols are so different for everyone that holds them.

Comment

I shot one when they first came out. I did not love it.

Sporting arms has them for 465 all day.

Comment

I've shot a full-framed .40 and loved it. It fit my hand with one of the changeable backstraps it come with and I was accurate with it. I really want a 1911 but I've been told several times by several people they do not make good first guns. Plus, as a smaller guy, it would be difficult for me to carry a 1911 regularly.

Comment

Working...
                              X