Nagant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagant.

Now that my AR build is all done. I've mad up my mind... I want a Nagant.
    nothing special just a cheap Russian made one.

So my question is ware to buy one locally. Went to the Armory over priced... I saw the ones at aim surplus. $79.99-$69.99. But I would like to buy one tomorrow. If possible.
    thanks.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Military gun supply?

Comment

Seen one at American Pawn in Garland for like 80-90 bucks.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Military gun supply?
        They have a bunch but last time I was there everything was over $100. I was also looking for the paratrooper/short barrel and they didn't have any.

Comment

Yep, MGS or Cabelas.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            They have a bunch but last time I was there everything was over $100. I was also looking for the paratrooper/short barrel and they didn't have any.
            Paratrooper?
            M44? Thats the shorter barrel....
            91/30 is the standard longer model

Comment

Ive got a real nice aftermarket stock if anybody is interested. I posted a pic of it in the "how to turn a POS nagant" thread
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

If you can wait until the next gun show in the area there will be some there; always are.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

There is a gun show in allen tomorrow. I got my 91/30 from Cabella back around father's day for $99 and it was a 1943 model that looks like it never saw any action.

I got the bulk surplus ammo tin of 440 rnds for under $90 shipped. So far only thing I changed on mine was to remove the rear metal plate and put on a rubber recoil pad.
                  2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                  1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Nagants are fun as shit to shoot; I have owned 3 and loved them; wish I never would have sold the first two. My biggest suggestion is that after you clean it (some of them will be gunked up and stick from cosmoline), make sure you take the mosin nagant tool and use it to measure firing pin extrusion. There are instructions and videos for this online. Basically, you measure how far the firing pin sticks out and if it is too much you adjust it to the proper length. The gun was designed so the soldier can do this in the field with one tool; very important to insure you do not pierce a primer. My most recent nagant had too much extrusion; luckily I knew to measure it before I shot it. Please do that if you buy one; I'd hate to hear about you ending up with a bolt lodged in your cheek. Other than that enjoy it; they are fun as shit. Kick like a mule but damn they are fun. Just don't shoot it during a fire ban; you are likely to get fined with that much flame coming out of the barrel!!!

Comment

Timney even makes a trigger for it now

Comment

Whats the best way to adjust? Pull bullet and dump powder, shoot just primer to see if too much travel? I guess, then back it off and repeat?

Comment

oh wow. i didn't know they opened a Cabelas in allen.
                          anyway, i hate the fucking weekends can't do shit. looks like im just going to wait for wed/thu im off those days. take my time and check all those places out....

thanks for all the info,
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I bought mine from MGS. Pretty cool guys up there.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Whats the best way to adjust? Pull bullet and dump powder, shoot just primer to see if too much travel? I guess, then back it off and repeat?
                              The tool has go / no go notches used to measure the pin when you take the bolt out. It is a real easy adjustment.

Mosin Nagant firing pin adjustment. Mosin Nagants must be adjusted to correct Minimum and maximum lengths. If not you risk injury or death. Be safe check you...

Comment

Working...
                              X