X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    16? Try 3 strikes and you're out.
    Even less for at-will states...
    I was going to say.. I run into assholes far more than good people. Mainly when driving yet if I were to smack off to one like that guess who'd be in jail... Love the way he tries to justify his mouth after threatening to execute him.

Comment

Here is the opposite. Actually it seemed to me the guy with the gun was being sort of an arrogant prick, but the veteran copy wasn't going to go for the bait.

Amazing Videos, Funny Clips. Updated daily.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        Last time I went riding with Matt, I was pulled over for speeding while on my way home (accelerated to get some bitch off my ass, just as I topped a hill being "monitored").

Went like this:

Officer walked up, asked for credentials.
        I handed my DL/CHL and insurance papers.
        Officer: Are you carrying.
        Me: Yes.
        Officer: Where?
        Me: I told him (IWB, right hand side)
        Officer: He asked what I carried and I told him.
        Officer: Mind if I ask why you were speeding?
        Me: I just said *chuckling* "to be honest, I have to piss, really bad" which was partially true.
        Officer: Well, there's a gas station off the next exit if you can't make it home.
        He hands me my credentials, pat's me on the shoulder and says "have a nice night Mr.*******

David
        I've had several run ins with LEO over the years with similar results, so I'm by no means a cop basher. This guy was the opitomy of "bad cop."

The driver may or may not have been looking for some action, or even a crack hook-up, that is no excuse for this officer's demeaner, given the calm way that the guy reacted. If he was looking for dope or pussy, then arrest him for that if you have enough evidence. If not, give him the respect that you expect.

What if he were in a state like Texas where it's legal to carry in your vehicle, and have no obligation to alert the officers that there is a weapon in the car? They would have found the gun, and Barney Fife on steroids would have still gone off, probably worse.

I don't think for a minute that the driver was completely innocent, but that/those two cops handled that stop completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I've had several run ins with LEO over the years with similar results, so I'm by no means a cop basher. .

I owe all the tickets in my life time to nobody but myself. I don't blame them one bit.

I guess I have had one break. Matt cooked ribs at my house and didn't shoot my dogs.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I owe all the tickets in my life time to nobody but myself. I don't blame them one bit.

I guess I have had one break. Matt cooked ribs at my house and didn't shoot my dogs.
            I have always taken full responsibility, paid a few, and gotten a pass on a couple others. I've gotten lucky, I only have the officers to thank, and I learned from the experience.

They (cops) are not all bad people, but vids like this make me feel even luckier. The letter of the law is one thing, this was simply poor judgement.

Matt's an asshole though, I never got any ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Here is the opposite. Actually it seemed to me the guy with the gun was being sort of an arrogant prick, but the veteran copy wasn't going to go for the bait.

http://www.wimp.com/goodcop/
              I agree, guy coulda handled it better, but there's a fine line of being a prick and doing what's required by law. Sounded like he said Oceanside, which California has specific laws on what the cops can ask for with OC.

I'm gonna guess it was the guy's first time to actually been in that situation and he didn't know how to handle it himself.

Kudos to that cop for certain, though.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                I agree, guy coulda handled it better, but there's a fine line of being a prick and doing what's required by law. Sounded like he said Oceanside, which California has specific laws on what the cops can ask for with OC.

I'm gonna guess it was the guy's first time to actually been in that situation and he didn't know how to handle it himself.

Kudos to that cop for certain, though.
                The stop was in Ohio, not Commiefornia. Regardless, the driver was well within his rights to carry.

There is fault on both sides, but in this instance I see an over-zealous cop.

Comment

The stop was in Ohio, not Commiefornia. Regardless, the driver was well within his rights to carry.

There is fault on both sides, but in this instance I see an over-zealous cop.
                  Um...ya...I was referring to the wimp.com link.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Matt's an asshole though, I never got any ribs.
                    I had ya covered.
                    <-- consumed enough for both of us.

David

Comment

Working...
                    X