Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let my sons shoot my old Glenfield model 60 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let my sons shoot my old Glenfield model 60 today.

Took my boys out to my parents place and let them shoot my old plinker! This was my first gun, got it when I was 13 I think, and even though it's a little rough I figured it would be a good gun for them to learn to shoot with. Of course I took my old single shot 12 gauge to help them clear turtles from the pond.
    Adam my 8 yo, his arms weren't quite long enough to pull it up to his shoulder.

James my 11 yo, poor guy is a lefty and we weren't sure if he'd be able to shoot it, but it worked fine.
    92 LX 5.0

Trigger discipline.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Trigger discipline.
      I think he was shooting.

Comment

Take that scope off of there and teach those boys how to shoot with open sights! There is no better time to learn. I was about as young as the little one when I got my Model 60, and I still have it today.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          I think he was shooting.
          The top pic looks like he is looking for a target, not shooting anything. Teach 'em to keep their little stickies off the trigger when they are young or they never learn!
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The top pic looks like he is looking for a target, not shooting anything. Teach 'em to keep their little stickies off the trigger when they are young or they never learn!
            I dont think you caught the part where his arms are to short for the stock. How do you know he was on target "to the best of his abilities" or looking for one.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

He was shooting when I snapped the pic. I sat them down before we went out and made sure they understood if I caught them with their finger on the trigger or the safety off when not shooting they would have to stop and not shoot for the rest of the day. Plus I had them check around them to make sure we were all behind them before they could take the safety off to shoot too. The oldest is such a "rules" type person I did not have any worries about. The youngest is a free spirit sometimes but he did excellent and I did not have to remind him of the rules once.
              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                Take that scope off of there and teach those boys how to shoot with open sights! There is no better time to learn. I was about as young as the little one when I got my Model 60, and I still have it today.
                I thought about doing that too. I learned using open sights myself.
                92 LX 5.0

Comment

I learned at a ripe old age...
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Thats cool. I bet they had a blast.
                    You could get them to make themselves some shooting sticks or teach them to shoot off of a rest (tree branch) if they can't hold it yet. I started off with the branch method.
                    Don't sweat the lefty. We adapt!!! We have to.... Is he left eye dominant?

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
                      Thats cool. I bet they had a blast.
                      You could get them to make themselves some shooting sticks or teach them to shoot off of a rest (tree branch) if they can't hold it yet. I started off with the branch method.
                      Don't sweat the lefty. We adapt!!! We have to.... Is he left eye dominant?
                      They had a great time. I never thought about the stick idea! I'm not sure about him being left eye dominant. He is kind of ambidextrious. He uses his left hand for most stuff, but writes with his right.
                      92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X