Picked up my inherited guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my inherited guns

I just got back from Cali yesterday where I picked up my inheritance of guns. I split them with my brother and this is what I ended up with:
    Colt Gold Cup National Match .45 ACP
    Dan Wesson .357 mag revolver with 6" vent rib barrel
    High Standard Supermatic Citation Military .22 LR
    Remington 700 BDL 7mm mag with Redfield Widefield scope
    Remington 742 Woodmaster 30-06 semi-auto
    Remington 550-1 .22 S/L/LR

I can't believe what good care my dad took of his guns. All of them except the old 550-1 are in as new condition. They were all purchased between 1960 and 1980.
    I took them out to a buddy's ranch and they all still shoot great. The triggers on the 3 pistols are excellent.
    I'll post some pics soon.
    Last edited by Trick Pony; 07-18-2011, 02:41 PM.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Couple questions...

I'm sure you meant
    ColT Gold Cup
    Smith and Wesson .357 Mag? Dan Wesson builds custom 1911's. I may be wrong, but I don't think he has built any wheel guns... Coonan is the only company I know of that made, and is now making again, .357 Mag 1911 style pistols...

Oh, and Whars the Pics?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Couple questions...

I'm sure you meant
      ColT Gold Cup
      Smith and Wesson .357 Mag? Dan Wesson builds custom 1911's. I may be wrong, but I don't think he has built any wheel guns... Coonan is the only company I know of that made, and is now making again, .357 Mag 1911 style pistols...

Oh, and Whars the Pics?
      Yes, Colt not Cold.
      The .357 is in fact a Dan Wesson made in the '60s. They are very accurate and well made guns.

Comment

Very nice! Never realized Dan Wesson made wheel guns... Learn something new every day.

Have you checked the value on the Dan Wesson? May be worth insuring if the value is high enough...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Very nice! Never realized Dan Wesson made wheel guns... Learn something new every day.

Have you checked the value on the Dan Wesson? May be worth insuring if the value is high enough...
          Most I've seen for sale are not in as good of shape but probably $500-600. Not sure why they haven't caught on and gone up in value like the Colts but they are great guns.
          Here is the exact same gun I've got:
          Last edited by Trick Pony; 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Dan wesson started out making wheel guns switch barrel rigs in 22, 357 and 44 mag they were all the rage on the silhouette scene back in the 70-80's accurate and easy to maintain nice thing about them is you could set your cylinder gap real close or out for different loads

Comment

Is that gold cup black or blue? If so you should just sell it to me so I can end this damn search lol

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
                Dan wesson started out making wheel guns switch barrel rigs in 22, 357 and 44 mag they were all the rage on the silhouette scene back in the 70-80's accurate and easy to maintain nice thing about them is you could set your cylinder gap real close or out for different loads
                Dan Wesson pistol packs! LOL

Comment

My Dad had a really nice Dan Wesson that had a barrel for jacketed and one for lead. The dummy sold it and it was in excellent shape. I was too young to buy at the time.

Comment

Here are pics of the pistols. Sorry my camera is not great and the lighting is pretty crappy. Stuck on a work call and took some pics in the kitchen.

Comment

Ohhh I dig the GC!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                        Is that gold cup black or blue? If so you should just sell it to me so I can end this damn search lol
                        I think I'm going to hang onto all the guns I got from my dad. They bring back a lot of good memories of the old man teaching us how to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          Ohhh I dig the GC!
                          It's a really nice gun to shoot. My dad had some trigger work done on it too.

Comment

Working...
                          X