No announcement yet.

Scored a $50 dollar rifle today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i decided to make it look a little better and basically followed cj's steps.. I think it turned out ok for my first attempt to even take a rifle apart.

sanded down the wood

minwax prestain

put the stain down and a lot of spray on clear coat

let it dry and re-assembled

Definitely not show quality but looks way better!!
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      So i decided to make it look a little better and basically followed cj's steps.. I think it turned out ok for my first attempt to even take a rifle apart.
      Definitely not show quality but looks way better!!

Hey not bad! Got it all back together and it looks great! I'm assuming you used a polyurethane spray?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Hey not bad! Got it all back together and it looks great! I'm assuming you used a polyurethane spray?
        yea.. got the surface rust off too.. thanks for all the advise and also thanks for posting the mosin thread i could use a a reference..
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I noticed you kinda had to leave the stain in between the checkering. Is that really the only option, or is there a good way to get that stuff out? I want to refinish my shotgun stock and it is checkered.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            I noticed you kinda had to leave the stain in between the checkering. Is that really the only option, or is there a good way to get that stuff out? I want to refinish my shotgun stock and it is checkered.
            I probably could've gotten it out but it would have taken hours per side
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
              You can blast it lightly to get it out, but I suggest you have some checkering tools to sharpen it back up.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nice Prairie Dog picker.

Comment

You're gonna put your eye out
                  sigpic
                  00 Camaro SS, stuff, tuned by Sam - sold
                  2004 GMC Sierra, tuned by Sam
                  03 CR250R crash test dummy vehicle
                  08 Yard machines mower, choppin up those blades

Originally posted by Stephen
                  FUCK!! im gay then

Comment