• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a $50 dollar rifle today!

Its a Glenfield model 60
    Ser #: 23601915
    its made by marlin
    the brand of scope is:all pro 4x15
    Guy had it for over 20 years in his garage and we did a test fire with some 20 year old ammo and it fired 1st shot!!

I know its not worth much but figured it would be a fun restoration project..

Any ideas on where to start or what to do to restore it?

CJ any advise?
    "PSH!!!"

Model 60s last forever and you don't need to restore it. $50 is a steal. I'd give $125 for it.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Model 60s last forever and you don't need to restore it. $50 is a steal. I'd give $125 for it.
        would like to find out some info about it... and make it look nice so i can hand it down to my son when he is older
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Hell yes! That's what I paid for my Glenfield.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Model 60 was my first gun when I was a kid, still have it and it's yet to fail me.

Comment

Best selling .22 rifle ever made. I restored one not long ago, I will put pics up later.

Comment

Does anyone know if that will fit the specific model i have? it would be neat to have a goofy .22

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Does anyone know if that will fit the specific model i have? it would be neat to have a goofy .22

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marlin-Model-60-...10064623067804
                  You're kidding, right? That's the most cobbled together piece of crap I've seen posted in quite some time.

Comment

Well, depends on what you want to do Stephen. For a cheap .22 sometimes it's nice to have one you don't feel is a show piece, you can just shoot it and be pretty care free with it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Well, depends on what you want to do Stephen. For a cheap .22 sometimes it's nice to have one you don't feel is a show piece, you can just shoot it and be pretty care free with it.
                      Yea I understand.. I wanted to make this more of a project gun and i got it for soo freaking cheap.. I actually pulled the wood stock off and have been sanding on it (have about 80% off). I'm going to restain and clear it.. I'm still not gonna treat it like a "show gun" because it is what it is... a glenfield 60 lol.. hopefully it looks a little better when its done.. I do have a question for you though.. there is a very small amount of surface rust on the barrell.. How would you recommend removing that? (it sat in someones garage for many years)
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Yea I understand.. I wanted to make this more of a project gun and i got it for soo freaking cheap.. I actually pulled the wood stock off and have been sanding on it (have about 80% off). I'm going to restain and clear it.. I'm still not gonna treat it like a "show gun" because it is what it is... a glenfield 60 lol.. hopefully it looks a little better when its done.. I do have a question for you though.. there is a very small amount of surface rust on the barrell.. How would you recommend removing that? (it sat in someones garage for many years)
                        fine 0000 steel wool. be very light with it. then oil it.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                          You're kidding, right? That's the most cobbled together piece of crap I've seen posted in quite some time.
                          I gotta agree with Adamn here. That thing is just dogshit, bro.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I bought one just like it a couple of years ago for $25 from my dumb ass neighbor. I also bought a Mosberg pump 12 gauge for $100 from him, sold it back to him for $150 last dove season and then bought it back for $75 after the season was over.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                              I gotta agree with Adamn here. That thing is just dogshit, bro.
                              I was just kinda exploring ideas... After looking at it again, I'm sure i ws drunk when i posetd it while watching inception in the snow scene lol
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X