New full size pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New full size pistol

I'm looking at buyin a new pistol and I'm undecided . So y'all can push me and maybe I can make up my mind . $1200 to spend and no real purpose for owning either, other than punching paper . Looking at a Kimber custom 5" in .45 or a FN 5.7 . They are nothing alike but both fun in their own way. TIA
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Put another $800 to it and get an STI Edge or Tactical

I am in the same boat as you but I want something in 9mm
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I would like a Colt LW Combat Commander, if I were to buy a hand gun in that price range. Full frame, slightly shorter than fullsize 1911, and a 9mm.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hk usp elite or match.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

If you aren't dead set on a 1911 there are a lot of full size pistols out there that are very accurate and reliable. Nothing wrong with a 1911, but you can definitely blow your budget haha...

Springfield XDM's
          FN FNP45 tactical
          Beretta 92
          Hk45, USP
          Etc.

Comment

Witness Elite Limited

Last edited by mustang_revival; 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: add pic
            WRX

Comment

Sprinfield XDM
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Ninja Glock

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                  Ninja Glock

Only if you can do a ninja reload
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    Witness Elite Limited

This is one hell of a gun for 1000$. I love mine.

If you've got 1200$, you're almost in semi-custom land. Les Baer, STI, etc. Think really hard about buying that Kimber "Custom" with tool marks all over the place when you can buy a genuinely nice, hand fitted pistol.

Comment

What caliber do you have, Adam? And do they sell conversion slide assemblies for the high-end Witnesses like they do for the base models?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                        What caliber do you have, Adam? And do they sell conversion slide assemblies for the high-end Witnesses like they do for the base models?
                        I'm pretty sure you can get them. Mine is a 9mm. Just in case I get bored and want to shoot IPSC.

Comment

The witness race guns are incredible.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would steer clear of the FN 5-7. While accurate, the ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do find it compared to .45, .40, or 9mm...
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              The witness race guns are incredible.
                              Remind me to let you take mine for a spin one of these days. It's a joy to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X